Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to get rid of that annoying popup eSignatures window?

mm1
Level 5

Every time I go to e-file returns, this big block shows up wanting me to use the 5 free eSignatures and then sign up for more. We do this through another means and will not be using this at all. I have to click close to get rid of that big box every single time I e-file. Anybody found a way to eliminate this? 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

After a billion times it finally asked if I wanted to close it for good.  I said yes.  Maybe your day is coming soon.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

After a billion times it finally asked if I wanted to close it for good.  I said yes.  Maybe your day is coming soon.

Slava Ukraini!
taxes96786
Level 9

Don't opt for PS esignature. Personally the only PS add-on I use is PPR and find that I rarely have an issue with preparing and efiling returns.

0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

That one thing is the most annoying thing ever to me, like a fingernail on a chalkboard. I know they like to promote their software but geez, there should be an opt-out check box at least! 

dkh
Level 15

I use e-signature a few times each year.  It's a great time saver for those long distance clients.

@taxes96786    Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.  

mm1
Level 5

that is fine but our firm uses another method through our website portal

0 Cheers
Taxprohere
Level 7

Maybe...just maybe?  Intuit has listened and today I got a 'don't show this window anymore'  or something like that.  I was so quick to click yes, I didn't read it fully in case the annoying window changed its mind.  But that's what it promised me.

Your comment was of no use as no one asked for an opinion on esignatures; rather, how to shut the pop up off.  Keep your personal opinions to your self.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Mostly we have here a friendly, helpful bunch.. they were just trying to help and offer some insight..

IRonMaN
Level 15

We are a friendly, helpful bunch ............................ until someone comes along not to help, but to rag on someone else that was trying to help.

Slava Ukraini!
taxes96786
Level 9

ok it's a new year and I still have no intention of using it so....can someone please tell me if there is a way to permanently disable it? i see no need to pay for a service I get for free from an different source and it is annoying.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

this is not a solution if it isn't available the first time

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@taxes96786  I went back and forth from my HomeBase view to EF center.  Each time in EF Center I closed the ESignature screen.  After approximately 10 times I got a pop up question asking if I want to keep it closed.    Silly to have to play that game but it does work.