Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOWA - NONDIVIDEND DISTRIBUTIONS

BuchTaxes
Level 2

SHOULD THE NONDIVIDEND DISTRIBUTIONS (BOX 3 OF 1099-DIV) BE DEDUCTED ON SCH 1 OF THE IOWA RETURN?  OR DO WE NEED TO OVERRIDE THIS VALUE?  PROSERIES IS ADDING THE EXEMPT INTEREST AND THEN DEDUCTING THE NONDIVIDEND DISTRIBUTIONS.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Override.  I have reported to moderater and Frusterated reported it to Intuit.  But it isn't fixed yet. 

0 Cheers

It just got fixed with the update I just ran 2:00 am central 3/7/24.

I want to thank @taxiowa for helping me understand the new IA law and confirming this was a program error.  After sending in a sanitized copy, Intuit did call me to say that they would fix it in today's update and they did.  

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Glad they fixed, but another error popped up.  One of the 25 I filed earlier came back as to many characters on Sch. B.  (Dam coyote from MN probably was behind the character issue.) Took me an half hour to correct this error which was not even an error on previous returns.  Hope this was isolated. 

But that is what I love about Proseries.  You can usually override if the program if the odds are not always in your favor.