Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link

Rainman1966
Level 3

When I sign into link my clients from the previous year (2021) show up in 2022.  They initially show "invite accepted".  I have not sent an invite to them.  Also the three that I did invite have signed in but I did not receive any email notification.  I am not receiving updates when there is client activity. Even in Link under "client activity"  nothing is showing up.  Any ideas what is going on? 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
JOFI
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, the documents your client submitted for prior tax years remain in the portal unless the client has removed them.  

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
JOFI
Level 7
Level 7

Your clients are only invited once to the portal.  Once they accept the invitation, even it it was in a prior tax year, they will show up as "invite accepted."  You do not need to send another invitation to an existing client who was already set up with an account in your Intuit Link portal.

For client activity updates, are you sure you are looking in the right year tab -- TY 2022?  You won't see any activity updates for another tax year if you are in a different tab.

Rainman1966
Level 3

Thank you for your response.  Let me go through my procedure.  In proseries, for a client, under the Intuit Link column, I click on "invite" for that client even if they used Link in the previous year.  On the screen that opens the boxes checked are send client data and create checklist.  I uncheck "Include Questionnaire" because in Link I use my own template.  Once in LInk for the client the documents that were on the 2021 return are displayed and than I add my own template that I created.  I have sent out 5 invites and all 5 have said that they have accepted the invite.  I am in the 2022 tab in Link and nothing shows up in client activity nor have I received any email notifications.

I have used Link since 2014.  Not sure what the issue is this year.  I apologize for the lengthy response.

0 Cheers
JOFI
Level 7
Level 7

I guess I don't understand why you are inviting a client again if they already established an account on your portal in a prior tax year.  I would just go directly into the TY 2022 tab and upload your personalized template.  

0 Cheers
Rainman1966
Level 3

So when you go directly into Link for an existing client the prior years tax documents are already there?  Than I would just need to add my own template.

0 Cheers
JOFI
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, the documents your client submitted for prior tax years remain in the portal unless the client has removed them.  

0 Cheers