Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid twice for same client in pay by return because 1st time I used incorrect SSN, can I get a refund

JayC
Level 2

Can I get a refund or credit of $131.00 toward future filings in the Pay Per Return Program.  In the process of recovering data from 2020, I somehow typed in the incorrect SSN for a client that had authorized payments on 03/14/2022.  On 04/22/2022, I needed to pay again in the amounts of $46 federal and $41 state, because it was a different (and correct) SSN.  And for some unknown reason, and I was exasperated, the Pay Per Program wanted a second payment for the state fee prior to allowing me to proceed.  I essentially paid twice for the federal return and three time for the state return of  ID #5663 while only one federal and one state form was processed.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

You'll need to call customer support.  We are just users of the program same as you.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

You'll need to call customer support.  We are just users of the program same as you.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
PPR is tracked by SSN, otherwise people would just keep changing the SSN and EFiling a new client's return without paying the PPR fee.

Phone support is usually pretty good about giving a credit for mistakes like this, nobody here has access to your account info and can help with this though, Sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
JayC
Level 2

It takes my breath away sometimes when large organizations reply as a small town businesses...the ProSeries Representative that I called immediately responded, found my issue, solved it, and refunded my money!  Wow!  Kudos to ProSeries and Intuit.

dkh
Level 15

Thanks for the update.  It's nice to hear good things about PS support.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Doesn't happen very often, does it?

Ex-AllStar