Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the same problem. Cannot print returns. The program crashes. Now on hold and wait time is about an hour. This is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I agree. Uninstall your non-essential modules of the software. I usually d/l all states but am limiting my states to the few I normally do. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
Do you receive any error messages when it crashes?
0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
No program just closes.
0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rebooted, etc
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I agree. Uninstall your non-essential modules of the software. I usually d/l all states but am limiting my states to the few I normally do. 

0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

There is an active investigation on ProSeries crashing. This may be what’s going on, I would take a look at this article as it may help:

INV-25642 Crashing or error message while printing

There is also an opportunity to sign up to get more information on this when it’s updated. 
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9

Call in to Support and open a case because there is no one here who can give an update.1-800-434-6818

0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Cheers
shyanne-2
Level 3
now that is scary. I'm not an IT person and that is scary. I'm not going to mess around with files like that. Why can't Intuit fix it?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Right now the fix is to uninstall any modules (1120, 990, 1040NR extra states, etc) you don't need in the next week, until they come up with a more permanent fix.

For Win 10      Right click the Start button > Settings > Apps   scroll down the list to Proseries 2018, click Uninstall It will act like its going to uninstall the whole program, don't panic, it wont!   Another window opens with a list of modules to uninstall, choose the ones you don't need right now.  Now power off your computer and printer and fire it all back up.   See if that reduces or stops the crashing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers