Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I guess I have committed more crimes against humanity

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm not really sure what crimes I have committed this time, but I really hope The Hague can schedule my trial sometime after April 15th.  If anybody is free at that time, maybe I can arrange a jury of my peers so I am looking for volunteers for The Hague jury duty.  Any way they locked up my post about airline pilots, but it did have a link saying I could start a new post here, so here I am.  For anybody that took business law in school or has served on jury duty, see if you can let me know what my crimes are and whether or not I should hire a good attorney -------- or maybe a bad attorney since I assume they work cheaper than good ones.

Re: I can see why tax preparers don't make good airline pilots - Intuit Accountants Community

Slava Ukraini!
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TiredFarmer
Level 7

Do/Have you ever watched any of the Moonshiner tv shows ?

If you are their friend they take care of you no matter what....Can't say no more I am just to tired but I think there are a bunch that would take care of you and IronWoMaN (not sure how you all spelled it)

View solution in original post

33 Comments 33
sjrcpa
Level 15

I see no evidence of any crimes.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Are you free for jury duty? 😜

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes it it's after April 15.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Perfect!

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Seriously... what G.D bull**bleep**.

@IntuitGabi 

If you (Intuit) insist on taking away what little pleasure there is on this forum by a little joking - you WILL lose most of us.   

Ask "support" how they would like to have to do all the heavy lifting the we do.  I doubt that enough phone lines could be installed to deal with all the calls.  Not to mention they generally can't answer the questions anyway.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

The intent of the post was to get people to lighten up a little and not be wound so tight -------- that maybe should cover moderators too?

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

They hit me up for the "do you want to comment" survey again - I usually say no.

This time I responded.   I'm 'sure' they will get back to me.

( Generic Comment )"
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks all. I'll take a look at this. 

dkh
Level 15

Ooooohhhhh   love me some good drama on a Friday afternoon!! 

If the trial isn't until May, I'm available for jury duty. 

Will your trial be televised?      Need to know if I should do some online shopping for a new outfit.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm not sure about televising.  I don't know if Intuit will want it broadcast to make an example out of me to prevent others from going down the same road or if they want to keep everything hush hush to keep from giving ideas to other people.

Slava Ukraini!

I volunteer for jury duty.  Is it allowed to drink Fireball from the jury box?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Things are a little different over there than they are here so I think that is allowable.

Slava Ukraini!

If dkh doesn't have to wear pants in the jury box, then I'm bringing my Fireball!😎

IRonMaN
Level 15

And I am the one going on trial?😳

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

Sorry, I already have jury duty scheduled for 3/25 - 4/5.  I have to call in on 3/22 to see if everybody gets an extension this year--er, I mean see if I have to report.

On the plus side, I'm supposed to dress like I would for an important business meeting.  Since those are all on Zoom now I get to wear a nice dress shirt but pants are optional.

IRonMaN
Level 15

To ask the most important question - do they allow Fireball in the jury box in your neck of the woods?

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Rick.... I want pictures please 😉

( Generic Comment )"

I live in Crook County.  Our states attorney prosecutes nothing.  I was called to jury duty, was told there were going to be several cases and all panels would get called, and then at lunch told to go home as all cases were settled/dropped.  So I don't know about the jury box. But in the jury room I swear half the people in there had way too much Fireball.  Certainly not what I would consider a jury of my peers.

rbynaker
Level 13

@IRonMaN wrote:

To ask the most important question - do they allow Fireball in the jury box in your neck of the woods?

This is federal.  They don't even allow cell phones.  I've been on two local juries and the rules were pretty relaxed once you flashed your JUROR badge.  I've taken cell phones, laptops, tablets.  Even watched part of a movie one time.  No idea what to expect for federal (except a longer drive and zero technology allowed).  I can't even take Journals of Accountancy to read this time now that they're only digital!

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN  👍 What a joke.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@PATAX and it didn't even involve Sven or Ole. 😁

Slava Ukraini!
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IRonMaN  I received county jury duty notification last December for January service.  I went online and requested it be moved to June and was auto accepted for June.  So, if you can get a change of venue, from MN to IA, and a court date into the month of June....

PATAX
Level 15

Years ago I tried to get out of jury duty in the middle of tax season by writing a letter to them and respectfully asking, and explaining that I was self employed and I had a fiduciary duty to my clients and no one else could do the work except me. They sent back a letter and respectfully told me that I had to come. I went and I think I got $8? Or maybe it was nothing, in the middle of tax season.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Instead of a check I believe they pay you with Fireball for serving on jury duty these days.

Slava Ukraini!

Count me in.  Can I do it full-time?

IRonMaN
Level 15

That works for me. 😁

Slava Ukraini!

I have to admit though that if they really are paying with Fireball, I would vote to convict you so that when there is a retrial, I can get on that jury too.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, you might not be the type of juror that I was looking for, but I have to give you credit that you are at least an honest juror.

Slava Ukraini!

Hey, if you give me more Fireball than I would get for serving on two juries, I’ll vote not guilty in first trial.

Its all about the Fireball!

TiredFarmer
Level 7

Well you know I stick with Heidi on most everything so you are covered here. 

Can't help you with fire ball I am  close to the "Moonshiners"

IRonMaN
Level 15

Moonshine sounds like it could be a little cheaper than Fireball so that could work out

Slava Ukraini!
TiredFarmer
Level 7

Do/Have you ever watched any of the Moonshiner tv shows ?

If you are their friend they take care of you no matter what....Can't say no more I am just to tired but I think there are a bunch that would take care of you and IronWoMaN (not sure how you all spelled it)

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like all of my problems are solved😉

Slava Ukraini!