Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1116 efile error

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

MelissaL
Level 4

@Just-Lisa-Now- @IntuitBettyJo @IntuitAustin 

Fri, 3/19, 12:29pacific

Does ANYONE know what is going on with Form 1116 and simplified AMT? The investigation into the existing reject issue (country name, carryover, date, whatever it was) is now closed and in its place we are not able to e-file any returns that have elected simplified AMT.  That is as of yesterday morning.  There is a total lack of communication from anyone at Intuit.  Has everyone just given up?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If this is a problem that rode in on the update yesterday morning, Im sure nobody has any info about it yet.

Feels like a terrible game of whack-a-mole.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Trapper
Level 1

It is really unacceptable performance by Intuit.  Instead of solving the problem, they just turned off the ability to e-file with simplified AMT.  

0 Cheers
WENDOVER5
Level 2

Hi, did you ever receive a resolution for this?

0 Cheers
LizPS
Level 4

I too am experiencing declined federal 1040 due to Form 1116.  It's a month after many of you commented and I have removed the form and re-entered everything including income tax on wages in Panama as paid 12/31/20.  No luck.

Any new ideas anyone?

0 Cheers
mletayf
Level 1

Try filing it without using the simplified method for AMT

0 Cheers
N411BC
Level 3

Don't you need IRS approval if you are changing the way AMT is computed?

Is it the final word from Proseries that they are abandoning trying to fix this issue since they are now blocking efile for Simplified AMT

0 Cheers
LizPS
Level 4

This is the 1st year using Form 1116 for this client and I had already NOT selected Simplified AMT method so that's not the answer.

Liz

0 Cheers
MelissaL
Level 4

Sat., 3/27, 6:32am PDT

My last call to Proseries was on Monday (3/22). They were unaware of the issue. I was on the phone with tech support for 2 hours.  Supposedly they had moved it to the development team but I've had no follow up from them.  She gave me a case number but that is not the same as an investigation.  Despite their protestations to the contrary, I don't see that they care to correct any of these ongoing issues.  I posted directly to the Community Managers and neither of them bothered to reply.  Like Intuit, we've pretty much given up and are doing what we need to to get the returns e-filed.

CPA17
Level 2

I think I found the solution!

I was having the same issue, and rejected filing twice. What the error states is that "make sure you have tax paid, date...entered correctly on part 2 of the 1116 comp. worksheet. I had two columns on part 1, showing income. One for dividends, and one for Capital Gains. Pro-series wants two lines/rows to be entered in taxes paid because part-1 shows 2 columns of income/countries. I was entering all taxes paid in one column, and that was the reason it was getting rejected. I hope this helps few of you who has multiple columns of income in part 1.

0 Cheers
markmcpa
Level 1

So awesome to see this error was an issue into March... of last tax season.

In case it helps, Intuit, here is the link to the 2021 form:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1116.pdf

BUFFALOBK
Level 1

the software went through updating but the file still will not efile 

0 Cheers
BUFFALOBK
Level 1

No very simple return, one W-2 nothing else, federal and state refund

0 Cheers

There is a NEW 1116/Schedule B that must be attached for TY2021 - but as of 3/3/2022 - the form was not available. No date as to when it will become available - just says at a later update.