Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forget about Super Bowl and keep working.

PATAX
Level 15

Yes, just keep working.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

If ignorance is bliss, there are apparently some happy tax practitioners who don't know what Intuit is paying $7 milllion several times during the game to tell your clients why they should use TurboTax.  Something about a million-dollar giveaway.  How many of our subscription fees went to fund that?  

The TurboTax® Super Bowl File Sweepstakes
Official Rules

NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, ACCOUNT OR TAX PREP REQUIRED OR NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT ACCOUNT OR TAX PREP WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/commercials/super-bowl/sweepstakes-official-rules/ 

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven't watched the Super Bowl in years, so this year isn't going to be any different.  I don't really care much for either team, so they can play for a tie for all I care.  I might have a little more interest in it if the Lions had made to the trip, but they didn't so I won't be helping bump up the TV ratings for the event.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

An old timer told me years ago: "You have to make hay while the sun shines." For us, we have to do as much as we can before our vision goes and back/shoulder problems from sitting at desk too much. 

Count me as another who is working.  Not a football fan.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I have it on in the background.. I heard a plug for Intuit's TurboTax during the pre-game show. 

PATAX
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio I wonder how much that cost Intuit? Could that have been used to improve Intuit's products and/or services?

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

understood.. but I have to hand it to intuit as far as the self prepared tax prep market goes.. Intuit owns that market and the green and white company is trying to cut into that market with their cartoon ad which actually calls out Turbo Tax.  I don't think there will be many coverts though leaving Turbo Tax based on those ads.  The only issue I have this year is the 5695 hold up and hold up on 1040s with K-1s  (and a third issue to a lesser extent, the delay with CCA Ohio local form).

PATAX
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio I don't know which tax prep company it is, but I hear on the radio here an advertisement and it is so stupid and idiotic to me that I feel like shutting off the radio. 

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

If ignorance is bliss, there are apparently some happy tax practitioners who don't know what Intuit is paying $7 milllion several times during the game to tell your clients why they should use TurboTax.  Something about a million-dollar giveaway.  How many of our subscription fees went to fund that?  

The TurboTax® Super Bowl File Sweepstakes
Official Rules

NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, ACCOUNT OR TAX PREP REQUIRED OR NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT ACCOUNT OR TAX PREP WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/commercials/super-bowl/sweepstakes-official-rules/ 

It does p$ss me off that I pay in excess of $7000 to these guys every year and then they run ads telling people not to use my services.

I am like our recently retired friend Mr. Fireball and see retirement in the very near future.  A few years back I decided I did not want to learn a new software program with only a handful of years left doing this.  If I was a younger preparer, I would sprint to a new program.  I am aware that the grass is not always greener on the other side.  But I have to imagine the timeliness and responsiveness of another product has got to better by magnitudes.  Plus, the inane process of calling customer service only to be put at the mercy of that agent's ability to understand and then re-type your issue to another higher level tech is mind boggling.

dkh
Level 15

@PATAX    first year I didn't work during the Super Bowl.   Usually have it on the tv while I work and miss the really good stuff.    

I'm a KC Chiefs fan. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I didn't watch, but I heard the Vikings almost pulled it out in overtime.

Slava Ukraini!