Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Earned income

twisniewski7
Level 3

Where do I enter income earned from another country but earned while living in US for the full year. No taxes were paid to the foreign country. Would it be reported as "Other Income"

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Wages go on Line 1 of the 1040.

On the 1040 Wks, click the blank area between where it says "Attach Form(s) W2" and spot where the total amount of wages shows up (it is a hidden Quickzoom button).  That will open up a Wage Worksheet.

On that worksheet, foreign wages go on line 8b.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

How was it "earned"?  Was the person an employee?  Self employed?  Something else?

twisniewski7
Level 3

She worked as an employee but did not receive a W-2 only check deposits.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Wages go on Line 1 of the 1040.

On the 1040 Wks, click the blank area between where it says "Attach Form(s) W2" and spot where the total amount of wages shows up (it is a hidden Quickzoom button).  That will open up a Wage Worksheet.

On that worksheet, foreign wages go on line 8b.

twisniewski7
Level 3

I using pro series professional and I dont see such an option. Would you mind please to explain in more detail please.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

On the 1040 worksheet, click on the dots to the left of line one and a zoom window will popup. then click on the magnifying glass.

0 Cheers
twisniewski7
Level 3

Thank you very much.

HOPE2
Level 8

0 Cheers