Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message for Form 1099-Misc with other income linked to Schedule C

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

lajollasun
Level 1

Same issue occurs with TurboTax Home and Business download version. When 1099-Misc and 1099-NEC self-employment income originally entered under business income section when working on taxes last week, everything seemed fine and both were correctly reported on Schedule C. When I opened the program this week there was a prolonged update and now there is an error message next to 1099-Misc Income  “a link to Schedule C should not be linked when WMP qualifying as difficulty of payment exclusion box has been checked”. However, there is no box on 1099-Misc or W-2 "difficulty of payment exclusion". Seems like this is a glitch in the tax program. If the 1099-Misc is unlinked to the Schedule C it screws up taxes and amount that can be contributed to solo-401K.

0 Cheers
EDauerman
Level 3

You can just put in in the 1099 income as they don't submit the MISC to the IRS rather than waiting as they may or may not solve this quickly.  I saw that as an option.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@lajollasun   Seems like this is a glitch in the tax program.

Yeah ! no kidding  - did you read any of the posts ?????

IRonMaN
Level 15

Quit being so silly, why would anybody read any of those posts?

Slava Ukraini!
LJ1229
Level 1

This is a known issue that was introduced with the last release.  I would recommend just entering the 1099MISC directly to the Sch C and deleting the 1099MISC.  Same bottom line and the 1099MISC isn't transmitted to the IRS UNLESS there is withholding.

0 Cheers
LB56
Level 3

I just got that exact same error message. I was like, wth, I didn't check off any box like that!! Does anyone have an answer

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitGabi 

If there was ever a post that needed to by locked this is it.  Enough of this nonsense.

Slava Ukraini!
dlcoatscpa
Level 3

LB56-ProSeries is aware of the problem and is working to fix it.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Does anyone have an answer.....   Do you mean an answer other than the one that has been given over & over & over & over (etc) in this thread ?????????????????????????????

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitGabi 

PLEASE shut this one down.... we can only take so much on a Friday 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dlcoatscpa
Level 3

@IntuitGabi Feel free to lock this post!! The responses are getting ridiculous!