Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sch E rental income qualify as a Qualified Business Income for the 20% reduction?

MAP01
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

You already asked this question earlier. Did you not read the responses or are you looking for someone to give you the answer based on your limited question?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
18 Comments 18
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

You already asked this question earlier. Did you not read the responses or are you looking for someone to give you the answer based on your limited question?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Looking for a better answer.  
This place is starting to suck at giving answers ever since Intuit cancelled the mind reading classes.  But I have to admit that the spoon carving class that they replaced it with is quite relaxing.  :relaxed:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I do need to re-up for those classes again. Im getting rusty. :joy: "spoon carving"!:joy:
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
Acme must be running out of spoons to sell.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Lol....yeah!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
We went to visit the Vesterheim Museum in Decorah Iowa last summer.  It's "THE" museum to go to for all of your Norwegian-American history.  Anyway, they had a little video there about carving wooden spoons like our ancestors did.  My wife thought that was a good thing to learn and bought me a carving kit for Christmas.  So far I have started and completed zero spoons.  I'm hoping that Intuit will help me out with the mission.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
First you carve the spoon, then you start using it to feed.  Now, Intuit is hoping the production could reach commercial scale soon with these classes they are giving.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
Is the carved spoon business going to qualify for the 20% reduction?
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Can't say I enjoy it, so I wouldn't call that a hobby.  If it's not a hobby, it must be a business and should qualify for the 20% deduction.  Just logical. :joy::joy:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Can I take an extra 20% deduction for the loss?  Sounds like this is where that -1 technology in Lacerte comes in handy.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
You're not understanding the use of -1.  -1 is 0.  That's as far as it goes.  Hate to disappoint you but -1 will not get you the 20% deduction for a loss.  :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
hahahaha!!! :laughing::laughing:
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
Don't laugh at that poor coyote sitting up in the freezing woods of northern Minnesota eating his Spam and lutefisk while trying to carve wooden spoons to sell on Acme.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I can picture him up there freezing....eating and carving. Poor existence for a coyote.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It beats chasing roadrunners in the desert.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Hmmm...im not so sure. I want to be warm.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
That picture is sooo cartoonish.  Lol, at least you don't have the anvil over your head.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
After this many years, I don't even feel them anymore.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers