Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer support??

ugh1
Level 1

So I want to make sure how customers support works before I pay for this. There is no customer support.  We basically buy the software, and then look to other users for help by posting a question and having strangers reply?  Is this the extent of customer support?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Yeah, basically.   I'm old enough to remember when they did have customer support and would answer questions and solve problems.  I'm also old enough to remember when they cared more about my $7,300 package than they do over a $49.99 Turbo Tax box...

But there are some really great people in here that will help you, if you decide to go down this journey with us.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Yeah, basically.   I'm old enough to remember when they did have customer support and would answer questions and solve problems.  I'm also old enough to remember when they cared more about my $7,300 package than they do over a $49.99 Turbo Tax box...

But there are some really great people in here that will help you, if you decide to go down this journey with us.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
IRonMaN
Level 15

They do have customer support if you don’t mind being on hold for awhile.  But to be honest, us strangers tend to have a better handle on things than the support people.  But to be honest one more time, if you have your head screwed on relatively decently and scan this place for potential issues from time to time, a call to support should be a rarity.  I don’t know how many years it has been since I dialed support.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

DD and Iron Man are 100% correct... I have learned more on this forum than I ever did going to a high-priced seminar with a cheap @#$ lunch provided... ...😉

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

The program is very intuitive, and like ironman I have not had to contact support, except for an occasional account issue. This forum has a great group of tax professionals, which will not only help you with program issues, but also either give you great tax advice or point you in the right direction   

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

As do I remember CS actually being knowledgeable to answer questions and I remember live chat.....

But I completely agree with everyone in that the people in the forum are fantastic and will do all they can to ensure you dont have to contact customer support *shivers*....

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@ugh1 every software program has its own set of quirks and PS is no different. 

If you post a specific question on this board regarding how to get something entered into the program you will likely get a reply from someone who has already figured it out.  

If you are having hardware/OS problems accessing your PS program/data files you will likely need PS/Intuit support.

If you are seeking tax knowledge try the IRS web site or google your question.  This is not a good place to get tax knowledge.  

If you have found a bug in PS we would all like to know about that. The Intuit Admins monitor this site and will send program bugs up the chain for a fix and hopefully supply us with a work-around until they can fix it. 

Sometimes something that was working will be broken after you install an in-season update.  'Manure' happens.  Don't fret.  Post the problem and it can get fixed in the next update.      

Have an enjoyable tax filing season.  Cheers.