Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Import QBO file to Proseries

rbmuCPA
Level 2

As the title says, I can no longer import QBO files into Proseries returns. Worked all tax season, but a couple weeks ago it stopped working. I go to import, sign in, select the company, and then nothing happens. I don't get the account mapping and nothing imports into the file.

Does anyone have any insight into resolving the issue? Could I need to reinstall Proseries? Only articles Intuit has are the basic steps to do an import, but nothing on if there is an issue.

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
dascpa
Level 11

Intuit, with it's termination of QB 2021 support has stopped QBO imports.  There are 3rd party apps that will convert QBO files into IIF files for import in QB Desktop but no clue what their future plans are for QBO.

Intuit is forcing us to QB Online as they're now going to discontinue all QB desktop products. Stupid marketing but hey, it's Intuit.

I have one client who has 42 real estate companies.  The new Intuit plan offered was for $90/per month per company.  Don't think the client will go for $45,360 in annual subscription fees.  I found today there is a new QB "Ledger" plan for only $10/mo. I'm looking into that. 

The only desktop non-subscription software I found for basic general ledger work is based out of Australia. This all - - - sucks---.

rbmuCPA
Level 2

I'm not trying to import the QBO file into a Desktop file. I am talking about the import feature that is in Proseries to populate a Schedule C, 1120S, 1065, etc. with the data straight from QBO. I was able to do this up until just a week or two ago and now I get to the selection of the company file in Proseries and nothing happens. Anyone have experienced this and fixed it?

Not to get off topic, but to your point about Intuit, Ledger looks to be a basic year end write up product. QBD is not discontinued, though they do seem to be heading that way. Best bet for your client would likely move them to enterprise, though they will then have to buy a new subscription every year. But, a lot cheaper than a QBO subscription for each company

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

I know you're not trying to import into a Desktop file.  You already said that. At the moment, QBO in general is not available as of May 31st.

Re your 2nd comment:

Q: What products will Intuit no longer be selling and what is the effective date?

Intuit has made a decision that after Sept. 30, 2024, we will no longer sell new subscriptions of the following products:

• QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus
  • QuickBooks Desktop Premier Plus
  • QuickBooks Desktop Mac Plus
  • QuickBooks Desktop Enhanced Payroll
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Don't think the client will go for $45,360 in annual subscription fees"

And some sales person at Intuit will be surprised that your client doesn't want to renew.  My biggest concern is how is this master plan of Intuit going to affect Jim's stock portfolio 😁

Slava Ukraini!
rbmuCPA
Level 2

Where did you see that QBO import to Proseries is unavailable as of May 31? Was that a notice sent from Intuit?

The key regarding the QBD issue is new subscriptions. So, if your client already has QBD they will be able to renew that product, but if you get a new client that starts a business after September 30, they will either have to go with QBO or Enterprise.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I am little concerned.. stock closed at about $ 595.00 a share today.  I hope they don't price themselves out of the market with their QBO.  I was told legacy customers can keep using their QB Desktop version. 

dascpa
Level 11

All prior versions of QB Desktop will still work. Certain features, like importing bank and credit card transactions (if a .qbo file, not an .iif file) no longer work.  So for many client's we can still use QB Desktop (2021 was the last year before the monthly subscription).  But for those clients that you need to import info, you either need to go to the online version, the expensive Enterprise version or get a 3rd party app that converts .qbo to .iif or .csv.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I have used both QBD and QBO.  What gets me is how QBO is not even remotely similar to QBD.  I was hoping it was just an online version of the desktop software but it is not even close to it. 

dascpa
Level 11

I posted before, I took a CPE class called "I Hate QuickBooks Online". It was [strangely] offered by Intuit.

PATAX
Level 15

I know this sounds archaic, but you know 12 column columnar accounting paper still works. No monthly fees, no annual fees, no import problems, no compatibility problems, no printing problems, Etc. Yes it takes more time. May want to do a cost/benefit analysis.