Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the splash screen

IRonMaN
Level 15

You killed off the lady because a few people didn't like her.  Ok, so she is gone but I miss seeing a picture when I sign in each day.  To keep it interesting, maybe you could alternate pictures each week using the avatars of some of the top authors or top solvers.  Or to get their picture out there, you could always use the avatars of the bottom authors or solvers.  But in the event someone complained about that, maybe we could just make rcooley happy and be greeted each day with a picture of a bottle of Fireball.  Just food for thought.  But like the people that complained about removing the picture, I am going to keep coming back to this post every so often to demand change.  But I am willing to wait for a solution on this until you get the 8915F ready to roll -------------- I do realize somethings are more important that splash screens.

Slava Ukraini!
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions

As a longtime ProSeries user, I was so tired of seeing the same unimaginative start up box year after year.  I was surprised and pleased to see the the startup box was changed and I liked seeing the lady whenever the program started up.  I don't understand what the uproar was all about.  

But this episode was very informative.  It shows ProSeries does monitor these boards (as evidenced by the censorship on this topic) and can actually do things when they want to in a timely manner.  I don't think this was an appropriate usage of resources given the other, more pressing matters from the perspective of many site users (Forms 8960 and 8915F come to mind).  Perhaps there are good reasons why those issues haven't been addressed by ProSeries (such as maybe it is because of IRS).  But since we know with certainty ProSeries monitors this board, would it be so difficult to explain to their customers what those good reasons are?  In the meantime, I am left scratching my head why the African-American lady disappeared while others report that the Lacerte blonde lady is still there, while at the same time I don't have a good explanation for my client why his tax return with Form 8960 cannot be filed.

View solution in original post

26 Comments 26
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Maybe they could put a picture of the 8915-F on the splash screen.  😂

IRonMaN
Level 15

Good idea, but that couldn't happen until March 2nd since it isn't finalized yet 😬

How about a picture of a kidnapped snowman until then?

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

If they fix the 8906 they could bring back the lady. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

But that's why the 8906 has issues -------- too much effort went into axing the lady and it took time away from fixing what really needed to be fixed 😁

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

joshuabarksatlcs_0-1676658793510.gif

Use my picture!  Use my picture!  Forget about 8916F whatever it is.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@joshuabarksatlcs wrote:

joshuabarksatlcs_0-1676658793510.gif

Use my picture!  Use my picture!  Forget about 8916F whatever it is.

Personally Id vote for this. 

I doubt my idea of a woman in a bikini one week and then for the ladies a handsome fireman shirtless..........too many uptight ppl in this world. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

How about a green worm with glasses in a bikini one week and shirtless the next week?

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

That part about the fireball is a great idea.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I thought that you might like that one. 😁

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

even better!!!! 

As a longtime ProSeries user, I was so tired of seeing the same unimaginative start up box year after year.  I was surprised and pleased to see the the startup box was changed and I liked seeing the lady whenever the program started up.  I don't understand what the uproar was all about.  

But this episode was very informative.  It shows ProSeries does monitor these boards (as evidenced by the censorship on this topic) and can actually do things when they want to in a timely manner.  I don't think this was an appropriate usage of resources given the other, more pressing matters from the perspective of many site users (Forms 8960 and 8915F come to mind).  Perhaps there are good reasons why those issues haven't been addressed by ProSeries (such as maybe it is because of IRS).  But since we know with certainty ProSeries monitors this board, would it be so difficult to explain to their customers what those good reasons are?  In the meantime, I am left scratching my head why the African-American lady disappeared while others report that the Lacerte blonde lady is still there, while at the same time I don't have a good explanation for my client why his tax return with Form 8960 cannot be filed.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Welcome to the wacky world of Intuit😜

Slava Ukraini!
Taxprohere
Level 7

I'm in favor of the perfect start-up screen.

munch_edvard_3.jpg

IRonMaN
Level 15

That's not a start up screen picture.  That bears a striking resemblance to me while my e-file acknowledgements are coming in.  Those things have an amazing ability to stress me out while waiting to see if a return bounced.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@Taxprohere And they call that art. Lord have mercy.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That picture actually was my attempt at painting a picture of Don Rickles standing on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City.  Believe it or not, I've come a long way from my first artworks of drawing stick figures. 🖌

Slava Ukraini!
Taxprohere
Level 7

@PATAX   Someone thought so! 🤑🤑

Edvard Munch's "The Scream" sold for $120 million at Sotheby's in New York in May 2013, setting a world record at the time.

Wonder how much "Dogs playing Poker" paintings fetched.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Fifteen dollars, but that is the equivalent of $125 million in dog dollars.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I scream when I see that painting. Real art is a painting of a beautiful country scene, a painting of beautiful nature, a painting of a beautiful village, a painting of a beautiful family, etc., not this nonsense masquerading as art. I wouldn't pay 5 cents for that picture.

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you had it, I would give you 5 cents for that picture ------------------ so I could sell it for $120 million. 💰

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Someone must have had a lot of spare money to spend $120 million for that nonsense. In my humble opinion that painting should be hanging in a broken down outhouse.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I heard that's where the buyer put it 😉

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

That would defiantly scare the you know what out of somebody.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, I guess if you were a little constipated and walked into that broken down outhouse, it could be helpful.

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Coincidentally, when she disappeared, the length of time to load the program was cut by 2/3. Maybe rehire her for TurboTax.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
CPATank
Level 2

Ideas and conveniences are killed off daily in the U.S. because a few people don't like them.

Welcome the the U.S.A. 2023...

Hopefully the Ukraine and Russia will cease the madness.

0 Cheers