Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will this be fixed?

jmcnichol
Level 1

Dual income couple.  Program has all of the spouse SS contributions as if they were for taxpayer and results in refundable overpayment of SS tax.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
mojocpa
Level 7

Assuming you are talking about the W-2's, have you checked the spouse box for the spouse's W-2?  OOPs, I thought this was a Lacerte question,not a PS question. Maybe a PS person can help you.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
mojocpa
Level 7

Assuming you are talking about the W-2's, have you checked the spouse box for the spouse's W-2?  OOPs, I thought this was a Lacerte question,not a PS question. Maybe a PS person can help you.

0 Cheers
clr600
Level 8
Same facts as mojocpa stated
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I would agree with @mojocpa PS also has box for Spouse. Are you saying they are all checked properly?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
gotta click that box for spouse on the W2 entry worksheet!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jmcnichol
Level 1
Been using this software for over 25 years, yes the boxes are properly checked.  It is some sort of glitch.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Delete it and reenter from scratch, see if that makes a difference.

Ive had 1099R forms that just don't work correctly and Ive had to just ditch that form and start over with a new one.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I just literally prepped a tax return for a dual income family and I do NOT have this issue. Try another return and see what you see.
0 Cheers
jmcnichol
Level 1
I  unchecked and rechecked the spouse box and that fixed the problem.  
0 Cheers