Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 2023 data gone?!

TaxAcct626
Level 2

I have prepared several 2023 tax returns. Out of nowhere, all inputted client data such as income is all gone. Each of those returns were already ready to be processed/efiled accordingly. Homebase still shows the correct # of files I have created for 2023, but once opened, all the data is gone. All of them are like this.

I have tried restoring the files, still, nothing.

HELP, please 

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Very strange.  Are you sure you're not saving files to a different folder than the one that is showing in Homebase?

Scroll all the way over to the far right column and look at the path the file is located in, is that the correct data folder?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxAcct626
Level 2

Yes, both local (C) and external files are the same. Some sort of corruption. Unfortunately, customer service was not able to figure it out either.

PATAX
Level 15

For the first time that I can remember in a while, pro series completed closed on its own, when I tried to check something, and backed completely out of program, so there may be a bug in system, but I am not sure.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I feel like I may have seen something similar happen years ago with an anti-virus scanning the PS data files, you may want to exclude your 23Data folder from your antivirus, just in case that could be interfering with the Save process.

TaxAcct626
Level 2

UPDATE: found out it was some type of glitch with the software. The files were being saved both in the Basic and Proseries folders located within the Local C drive. The files in the Pro did contain the missing inputted data. All is well, but STRANGE. Thank you all. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@TaxAcct626 wrote:

UPDATE: found out it was some type of glitch with the software. The files were being saved both in the Basic and Proseries folders located within the Local C drive. The files in the Pro did contain the missing inputted data. All is well, but STRANGE. Thank you all. 

This is why I asked you to check the folder location to see if they were being saved to the wrong place.  Glad you figured it out.