Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095A Part 3 col B the form has zeros the program will not let me put that

1095A Part 3 col B the form has zeros the program will not let me put that 

7 Comments 7
Intuit_KevinF
Employee
Employee

Hello! 

Your question regarding 1095-A part 3 column B input was applied to the Intuit Tax Advisor program page.  This input must be made in a tax program and considering you are a ProSeries user I have moved your post to the ProSeries Tax Discussions room. 

I was however able to find the following article on entering this information into Proseries here: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1858378-entering-form-1095-a-1095-b-or-1095-c-heal...

AustinAreaCPA
    Level 1

Your answer was so very unhelpful as to be a non sequitur or even a complete NON answer. The OP stated that ProSeries would NOT ALLOW zeros to be entered in column B of Part III of Form 1095-A. The Form 1095-A that his client (and mine) received has ALL ZEROS IN COLUMN B. Yet, somehow, ProSeries insists that this cannot be correct. We are not making up these numbers, sir. THEY ARE REPORTED ON THE TAX FORMS! Your software is all lit up with errors though we have made no errors! Don't tell us how to input numbers on a worksheet -- FIX YOUR BUGGED CODE!

Jim-from-Ohio
    Level 11

To be fair this is an issue with the marketplace not reporting the proper figures. 

this may help https://poorerthanyou.com/obamacare-1095-a-column-b-is-zero/

Not understanding the issue here.  Just go get the numbers to put in column B.  Takes three minutes if you are slow.  Is the real question here how to get those numbers?

Colmatt
    Level 5

Same problem with ME return.  SLCSP not easy to get for ME resident.  Any update on how to handle?

0 Cheers
    PegE
    Level 2
    0 Cheers
    Colmatt
    Level 5

I did try that site, thanks.  It gave me this: "Maine operates its own marketplace. You will need to get your tax information for the time you lived here from CoverME.gov. We’ll link you there when we show you your results." ME site not so easy.

0 Cheers