Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so hard to get a person to answer a question from Intuit's Lacerte?

jparent78
Level 2

Lacerte is the flagship of the premier accounting software company in the world. Start acting like it and get a real customer service department. How you are trading at 59 times earnings is beyond me. This secret will get out someday.

14 Comments 14
sjrcpa
Level 15

Try asking your Lacerte question here.

Except for account issues and program bugs. there's usually someone in the group who can help.

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@jparent78 wrote:

Lacerte is the flagship of the premier accounting software company in the world.

LOL.  No, no, no.

If you are talking about the "accounting software company", Quickbooks is the flagship.  Lacerte is a tax related afterthought.

If you are talking about tax software company, Intuit is NOT the premier tax software company, even if it is the largest.  And Intuit's flagship tax software is TurboTax, not Lacerte.

If you want service, you should switch to a company whose focus is professional tax software, not overpriced accounting software and Do-It-Yourself tax software.

J Daniel
Level 1

Ok well here it is my client is getting an Ohio diagnostic upon rejection to check our WG withholding with a ref. Code of 0. Problem is there is no W2 G, there never was, nobody ever touched that field. We update every night and this was third attempt. Client maintained no W-2G even under enhanced interrogation (played Baby Shark on loop for one hour).

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@J Daniel wrote:

under enhanced interrogation (played Baby Shark on loop for one hour).

LOL.  😂

qbteachmt
Level 15

I see that listed as an MeF (efile) error for tax year 2022. Is that what you are working on?

Even though it has a reference to W2G, have you gone to W2(s) and figured out where the 360 is coming from?

1. Go to Screen 10, Wages, Salaries, Tips.
    • A W-2 is entered with state withholding on the wages sourced to the state.
  2. Make sure these entries are correct and sourced to the correct state.
    • Income, Box 1 (code 3)
    • Withholding, Box 17 (code 14)

And are we now dealing with two different people, or did you accidentally create another username?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
sjrcpa
Level 15

Try going to the W-2G input screen. Hit Ctrl +W (switch to batch input) and see if there is an errant entry there.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

@jparent78

This?

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/lacerte-diagnostics/ohio-says-to-correct-w2g-withholding-no...

It is best to stick to one thread instead of creating a new one for the same issue.

Ex-AllStar
jparent78
Level 2

Ok buddy [removed inappropriate] We've all been there; calm down. Take a deep breath and read carefully. Like four people read this post and are going to get notifications. It's going down, and it's going down now.

Here we go. Jeff from Boston has a question: Please see the language at the end of this question for the exact language of the diagnostic, as it is long (that's what she said true story), [removed threat] However, if you prevail, you will not only be considered a God of Taxation, you'll be that plus Zues plus Deadpool plus John Wick. (You did have to pay the late filing fee. You can use your Captain Marvel personality to pay that everyone is throwing them out. Like the VP DEI lol. Many eyes are on you. There is no shame in bowing out now. There is no W2g for 2023 for my man, so there is no issue with timing. It does not exist, never has, never will. Also, how tf is the Department of Revenue going to recognize the discrepancy on a filing that doesn't exist for something that doesn't exist? Also whoever is writing the diagnostic language, who are they, and what are they on, and like how much is it? I knew I was getting ripped off it smells like pizza.

OHIO Filing Rejected - This filing was rejected by the taxing agency on July 11, 2024. You need to fix errors that caused the rejection before it can be accepted by the agency. Follow these instructions for fixing the errors and you can transmit again at no additional charge.
Reject: Error OH-IT1040-131: The total withholding (0) does not match the sum of Ohio withholding claimed on the income statements provided (360). The department will review the discrepancy and may request additional documentation.

Resolution: Please review your entry for the W2G and then review the sourcing for your withholding. Your withholding for Ohio might be more then expected.

(ref. #0)

0 Cheers
jparent78
Level 2

dollar tree.png

0 Cheers
jparent78
Level 2

The dollar tree customer service was super easy to find and the talked to me about an open bottle of bleach I found in the back so I sent 3 people on a manhunt.What's Intuit's excuse?

0 Cheers
jparent78
Level 2

Dude I'm talking professionals only here. I don't count QuickBooks. Check the name of the URL on the board lol

0 Cheers
jparent78
Level 2

I've been doing this for twenty years mostly with Lacerte. Yes I did all that stuff idiots forget to do.

0 Cheers
jparent78
Level 2

Probabaly i don't know it's still the weekend. I just wanted to shake the can before tomorrow AT WORK.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"and the talked to me about an open bottle of bleach"

That must be the bottle I used to purge my eyes of most of the text here. Sheesh. Sorry I left it a mess, but my brain hurt after trying to read all the new input. None of it really helped us know if you tried anything we suggested.

"What's Intuit's excuse?"

Well, you'll need to ask them.

"Dude I'm talking professionals only here."

That's right; peer users volunteering to help each other here.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.