Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS data disappearing and reappearing on another client number

Susan K
Level 2

I am having issues with DMS data from one client disappearing and reappearing on another client number.  This all started a few years ago when I set up a new client using 99-9999999 to set up the DMS file.  Ever since then, their data moves around to other clients even though I now have their correct social security number entered.

How can I fix this?  I like DMS but it makes me fearful when data just moves around because I know one day, I won't find it.    

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Have you edited the SSN in DMS?

Highlight the client > File > Client/Folder Information > Confirm correct client number and Tax ID for one you used all 9s for.  You should probably make a habit of doing this as soon as you enter the correct ID in the program to "pay" for the client. 

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

Have you edited the SSN in DMS?

Highlight the client > File > Client/Folder Information > Confirm correct client number and Tax ID for one you used all 9s for.  You should probably make a habit of doing this as soon as you enter the correct ID in the program to "pay" for the client. 

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!
0 Cheers
Susan K
Level 2

I had NO IDEA you could do that and needed to do that.  I'll check all the ones I'm having trouble with and fix now

Thank you SO much.  I really appreciate knowing about this board and utilizing it.  

You made my week!

Susan