Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing acceptance letter

Dave P
Level 1

I am unable to print the e-file acceptance letters.  There is an exception error.  Is this something that is being addressed and will be fixed in a future update?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dw8095
Level 2

I finally called LaCerte.  It appears that it in a known problem with tax returns that have PA as the state of residence.  Well 99% of our clients live in PA LOL..... They are working on it.

I want to thank everyone for their time and input towards trying to help me with my problem.  I now await an update that fixes this issue.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
dw8095
Level 2

I am having the same problem... for days...

0 Cheers
pamdory
Level 8

I just printed an acceptance letter - both to printer and pdf. 

Have you run the update available yesterday afternoon?  

dw8095
Level 2

Yes the update was downloaded and installed this morning - maybe I need to reboot my computer.  The acceptance letter prints for Partnership returns but not individual returns.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l... This has some repair tools for printer and pdf. Maybe this will help.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dw8095
Level 2

The LaCerte software prints to a PDF file without any problems.  Printing the EFILE acceptance letter is printed directly to the printer (it's not a PDF file)...  and still doesn't work.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I have not experienced that problem. If you get a pdf, then print the pdf as a workaround. 

One more thing to consider is what version of Windows are you using? Has your printer driver been updated? I had a problem with my elderly printer when I went to Windows 11 and had to find a workaround for it, as it "doesn't support Windows 11."

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dw8095
Level 2

I finally called LaCerte.  It appears that it in a known problem with tax returns that have PA as the state of residence.  Well 99% of our clients live in PA LOL..... They are working on it.

I want to thank everyone for their time and input towards trying to help me with my problem.  I now await an update that fixes this issue.