Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY reject error REJ001 NOT resolved with version 0405

jenn_ca2020
Level 2

After updating and going through the review steps to fix the NY reject error, all my returns are still rejecting. Is there a plan to fix this soon? The fix released yesterday did not work. I am just getting the same error, that I need to update to the latest version(which I am on) and review the returns(which I have).

The secondary issue here is that for my returns that are NYC residents, Lacerte keeps switching it back to NO and changing the refund/tax due. So every time I try to file, I have to fix it before I can file.

8 Comments 8
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

@jenn_ca2020 

Thank you for sharing your confusion. Let me see what I can do to help clarify what's happening.  

The program was updated yesterday to address the fact that the NYC residency info was reverting from yes to no.  

In the meantime, because returns may have been transmitted with the incorrect residency information, all New York returns were held and rejected. 

This was done to provide the opportunity to review your NYC residency information for accuracy, and re-transmit your return.

To be clear, this is only for REJ002. If you receive a different reject code, the items identified should be addressed as usual.

For more information, please see Individual New York E-File Reject REJ002 Review Required 

jenn_ca2020
Level 2

I do see my second reject was rej001, my original reject was rej002. When I corrected the errors, as stated in the post of how to correct, I received reject code rej001, which implies Federal has not been accepted. It has been accepted, and I am still getting the notice telling me I need to update to the current version, and review my forms again.

0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

@jenn_ca2020 thank you, looking into the REJ001. Appreciate your follow up.

IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

@jenn_ca2020  If you continue to receive this reject, you may need to contact support to troubleshoot further. 

0 Cheers
angelaremsen
Level 2

Our Federal returns were accepted, but NYS are rejected. And these returns are independent of the ridiculous NYC problem that has been going on for over a month. Funny. Two critical alerts are published today about these issues, but our firm has been making Lacerte aware of the NYC residency return issue for over a month. CRICKETS. I'd post the email we finally received from the software support management team but I'd prefer not to embarrass Lacerte even more than they already are.

0 Cheers
angelaremsen
Level 2

I've contacted support. Over and over and over. Spent more time today, this go around was only an hour on the phone. I was told another update was coming tomorrow. Can't wait. And if that doesn't work, I can be sure to rely on the Lacerte Tool Hub to push the updates through again. Here's a novel idea...build a software program that actually works and listen to your customers the first time they inform you of a problem! Here we are, well, actually you, Lacerte, on April 6th scrambling to get things done. Not only does your program not function correctly for NYC residents, now NYS returns are being randomly rejected too. Double the fun - great job.

0 Cheers
angelaremsen
Level 2

so,@IntuitAlicia, the fix for the NYC residency problem was to just have the program reject ALL NYS returns? No one at Lacerte could do better than that? Our firm informed Lacerte over a month ago, yes a MONTH ago about this problem. No sense of urgency from Lacerte. Unreal. And today with two critical alerts involving both NYS and NYC...seems like quite the dumpster fire.

0 Cheers
jenn_ca2020
Level 2

We only have a handful of NY clients, but this has happened to us before as well. And we also are receiving the reject for non NYC residents. We will try again with the next update, but don't have time to sit for an hour on support this close to the deadline. I am hoping it gets resolved.