Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In LaCerte-Where do you enter NON FOREIGN TAX data from K3?

Laszlo
Level 1

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

What type of return are you working on, what K-3 information would you like to enter, and where would you like it to appear on the forms?

abctax55
Level 15

@Laszlo 

Asking the same thing twice isn't helpful.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/in-lacerte-where-do-you-...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Laszlo
Level 1

These K3s I got have only non foreign tax information. Items II and III. The Lacerte K3 entry form only has inputs for foreign tax related items. Where do I enter these?? 

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Where would you like those items to appear on your finished tax return?

Laszlo
Level 1

Not getting an answer is owrst

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Professional tax preparation, particularly using Lacerte, is not a matter of "if I key in the numbers exactly as I see them, a correct tax return will magically pop out." You have to know what a correct tax return looks like, then do whatever input produces that. In some cases, keying in the numbers exactly as you see them does that. In this case, it does not, because there exists no place to key in the numbers exactly as you see them.

I tried asking you some questions to figure out what kind of return you're doing, and what you think a correct tax return would look like, so I could tell you where the put the numbers in, and yeah, not getting an answer is the worst.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe NO foreign tax goes NOwhere. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Laszlo
Level 1

Data from DOMESTIC REIT s

0 Cheers
Laszlo
Level 1

Data from domestic REITs

0 Cheers