sewcpa's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sewcpa's Posts

The software produces a red error but use the real 2023 date anyway.  Save. Go to EFile Center and select that return to transmit to IRS. It will ask if convert and/or transmit. Uncheck the error c... See more...
The software produces a red error but use the real 2023 date anyway.  Save. Go to EFile Center and select that return to transmit to IRS. It will ask if convert and/or transmit. Uncheck the error checking (by Intuit) and convert & transmit to IRS.  We only care about IRS accepting the return (Intuit error does not matter) (eventually Intuit will correct its programming)
I log on to TX Comptroller's website directly and do the franchise tax reports for LLC number 2 and 3 and... directly to the state. It gives immediate confirmation but does not save data for next yea... See more...
I log on to TX Comptroller's website directly and do the franchise tax reports for LLC number 2 and 3 and... directly to the state. It gives immediate confirmation but does not save data for next year like we do thru proSeries.  Therefore I choose the most complicated filing to do in ProSeries and do the others directly. Good Luck
At the time of efile of your 1st 1040 for the yr you have to go to the preparer screen and ck the box that your EFIN is "verified" by you.  The system reminded me of this a few hours ago and there we... See more...
At the time of efile of your 1st 1040 for the yr you have to go to the preparer screen and ck the box that your EFIN is "verified" by you.  The system reminded me of this a few hours ago and there were a lot of questions last yr about it.
Others (like Just Lisa and IRMN) have recently suggested to similar askers that Intuit will set up the change only when you forward Intuit the confirmation of the address change with IRS EFIN applica... See more...
Others (like Just Lisa and IRMN) have recently suggested to similar askers that Intuit will set up the change only when you forward Intuit the confirmation of the address change with IRS EFIN application/change form.  I think that we are supposed to notify IRS within 30 days of address change so you will need to decide quickly what your address will be. Also choosing the address has been discussed recently on this blog.  And whether you could use a PO Box or if it needed to be a street address. I do not remember what the decisions were. You may also need to do the address change with state licensing (NY, CA, OR and other state tax filing requirements) and professional license boards (CPA) All of this encourages me to stay put for another 33 years to avoid what you have to do. Good luck
A couple of yrs ago a different form on the federal 1040 billing page caused this issue. One the billing page scroll down to the highlighted error line and remove enough characters to make it comply.... See more...
A couple of yrs ago a different form on the federal 1040 billing page caused this issue. One the billing page scroll down to the highlighted error line and remove enough characters to make it comply. Good luck.
Why filing of amended return from the back-up file? The back-up file should only be for you to have a record of what has already happened and you do the amending to the original file and efile the n... See more...
Why filing of amended return from the back-up file? The back-up file should only be for you to have a record of what has already happened and you do the amending to the original file and efile the now corrected original file.   (My back-up file is the paper one in my metal file cabinet.)     By sending the amended from the original it has the other info imbedded in the transmission that should make it accepted. Good luck in several weeks when IRS decides to reopen.
look at the 1040-ES worksheet
That Box 7 has space for two codes. On the computer screen there are 2 squares - put 1 in the 1st and M in the 2nd. (Taxpayer had a loan "paid off" with the distribution and he is not old enough-plea... See more...
That Box 7 has space for two codes. On the computer screen there are 2 squares - put 1 in the 1st and M in the 2nd. (Taxpayer had a loan "paid off" with the distribution and he is not old enough-please penalize)
It seems like another slow down this evening Thurs Oct 13. I was pleased that my slow Wed aft/evening acks came thru this morning  
This type of info is what I wish that Intuit would pass on to us. (I can wish even though I do not expect to get it).  I only have 4 hanging out at IRS today
Estate tax income/deductions to the heirs belong on the return for the year including the ending date of the estate.  So you need to get it off of the 2020 and put it on the 2021
Just a thought - would they be considered common law married for 2021 and normal marriage for 2022 into the future?    If they declared to someone they were married ...that someone could be the IRS! ... See more...
Just a thought - would they be considered common law married for 2021 and normal marriage for 2022 into the future?    If they declared to someone they were married ...that someone could be the IRS! Then no need to amend
The non-conforming or altered box lets IRS know that either original W-2 was not available or you had to "fix" it to enter (like a transposed SSN that will get correction from employer eventially) It... See more...
The non-conforming or altered box lets IRS know that either original W-2 was not available or you had to "fix" it to enter (like a transposed SSN that will get correction from employer eventially) It works well in efile as long as you have EIN I am in TX so I do not have to deal with many California W-2.  I glare at clients if they think about moving to states that have income tax! You could probably get the IRS return to clear efile by telling the program to NOT do error ck as you efile BUT that would give you more grief when you go to the state filing. So you will need to try to get the state # from somewhere (the company payroll dept or another employee or the prior yr return if he was a long term employee--research the options with client) because you know that CA does not want a paper filing.
[I do not have experience with your CA situation]  But for IRS efile works well with 4852 as long as you have the EIN Enter the W-2 info on the normal W-2 worksheet. About half way down the page the... See more...
[I do not have experience with your CA situation]  But for IRS efile works well with 4852 as long as you have the EIN Enter the W-2 info on the normal W-2 worksheet. About half way down the page there is an area to explain how you got the amounts and what you have done to try to get the real form, then link to the substitute 4852.  Intuit says that they mark the W-2 as non-conforming and do not send the 4852 (4852 is available for paper copy) Maybe your client can phone his employer/former employer for the CA EIN#  or get the # former another co-worker who has their real W-2? Good Luck 
For TX Franchise Tax reports on LLC (or other corporations) we have a similar problem. One state filing per 1040 return even though there are 2 or more required state filings for single member LLCs. ... See more...
For TX Franchise Tax reports on LLC (or other corporations) we have a similar problem. One state filing per 1040 return even though there are 2 or more required state filings for single member LLCs. [ This yr Intuit also would not allow us to file the state return before filing IRS on some forms (1120s, 1065, 1040)-claiming that IRS wanted to make sure that IRS was not cut out of the filings] Intuit does not allow me to do any past the 1st one so I do the extras directly on the State Comptroller website. Not having the carryover info from prior yr is a draw back but usual they are the easiest to file so it is not a real bad situation. And usually these qualify as "no tax due" since they are low gross proceeds entities. Good Luck  
It seems to be called "Electronic Filing Information" worksheet And I agree with you that I do not want it to print either.  And then there are a few pages 2 or 3 that I do want that are harder to f... See more...
It seems to be called "Electronic Filing Information" worksheet And I agree with you that I do not want it to print either.  And then there are a few pages 2 or 3 that I do want that are harder to force to print. of well. 
IRS is likely to waive the late filing penalty but keep the late paying penalty. But it does not hurt to ask for all penalties to be forgiven. Taxpayer(s) needs to sign the request. I would NOT send... See more...
IRS is likely to waive the late filing penalty but keep the late paying penalty. But it does not hurt to ask for all penalties to be forgiven. Taxpayer(s) needs to sign the request. I would NOT send the money on the penalty - I have always felt that IRS was less likely to waive if they had the money in their hands. But have taxpayer pay the tax (labeled as "paying the tax 1st"). Details like the obit help.
There is a way to delete from the main home base (not the E-file home base) by highlighting the copy that you want to get rid of and choosing to delete from the 1st drop down button.   Or you could ... See more...
There is a way to delete from the main home base (not the E-file home base) by highlighting the copy that you want to get rid of and choosing to delete from the 1st drop down button.   Or you could open the Copied file and change the social security number to something like 912-34-xxxx. then close that file and do a file name change in the main home base to SmithDuplxxxx so that it will be out of the way.
Did you make a copy of the file and then do the amending in the copy?  If so the ORIGINAL file is the one that must be changed and transmitted to IRS (not the copy). You will need to delete the copy ... See more...
Did you make a copy of the file and then do the amending in the copy?  If so the ORIGINAL file is the one that must be changed and transmitted to IRS (not the copy). You will need to delete the copy and do the changing to the original file.  then there should not be any duplicate (For your records print a copy of the original as filed and put it in your file cabinet or a pdf somewhere else on your computer) Good luck