Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOI Declared Unconstitutional

sjrcpa
Level 15
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

I know a tax preparer in PA that is going to be happy when he sees this.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I'm sure glad I didn't spend a ton of time on it.... basically I put a blurb in my organizers.  ONE client has asked about it 😉

Thanks Susan.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

A Trump appointee from Alabama, where he got his undergraduate and law degree before reaching the rank of major in the JAG Corps.  Don't hold your breath waiting for it to be upheld on appeal.  In all fairness to Alabama judges, though, they are catching flak for doing their job on IVF personhood.  It's the yahoos in the state legislature that caused the problem.  

abctax55
Level 15

There are a lot of 'yahoos' in Alabama.... at least there were when I left a half century ago.    Sorta why I left. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

On the other hand, there are some closet liberals who find it is unconstitutional for laws to tell parents what medical care they can provide for their transgender children.  That's the other recent case decided by this judge.  Whom we have to admire, for starting his opinion with a reference to Justice Scalia.  I'm all in favor of these activist judges, even if they hail from Dixie.  But when one of them stands up against an overwhelming, bipartisan vote of Congress, I don't predict success.  

If you want to read the 53-page opinion, see:

https://cases.justia.com/federal/district-courts/alabama/alndce/5:2022cv01448/183445/51/0.pdf?ts=170... 

PATAX
Level 15

@sjrcpa I slept 10 hours last night like a baby and I didn't see your post yesterday. But what a great thing to see this morning! Thanks Sue.

IRonMaN
Level 15

10 hours?   I haven’t slept that long since I was a baby.  Heidi was probably getting concerned whether or not you were still alive.  😜

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN 👍 I was exhausted from all the non-stop work. Sleep is the best medicine and it rejuvenates you. Now I'm up and working again on Sunday. New month means new monthly work for the business clients. It never ends, but I like to work like all of us here. Million times better than working for someone else.🐕