Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I remove 1099G worksheet for state tax refund not applicable since taxpayer didn't itemize last year?

vinvei
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If the didn't itemize, it shouldn't be taxable, why do you need to remove it? 

Go through the state tax refund worksheet and mark the box that 2018 used the standard deduction.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
16 Comments 16
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If the didn't itemize, it shouldn't be taxable, why do you need to remove it? 

Go through the state tax refund worksheet and mark the box that 2018 used the standard deduction.

0 Cheers
vinvei
Level 1

The state refund worksheet is fine. I'm trying to remove 1099G worksheet because it wants state EIN and address, which I don't have.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Are you getting an error? Usually efiling eliminates the error. If you are paper filing, I usually ignore the error. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@vinvei wrote:

The state refund worksheet is fine. I'm trying to remove 1099G worksheet because it wants state EIN and address, which I don't h

See if they have it here, you may want to bookmark the site for future use

https://www.atxcommunity.com/topic/14415-please-provide-your-states-ein-and-address-that-would-be-sh...

Mimbreno
Level 3

Nice link Lisa - THANK YOU!!!

olechka74
Level 2

I have tried EINs for GA and CO from the link and neither one works as I am still getting an error. Does anyone know how to remove 1099-G with state and local income tax refunds since when standard deduction is used?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
you need to input the number at the top of the form and the bottom

olechka74
Level 2

Thank you so much!!!

Elisaj
Level 2

still not working , even after putting at top and bottom..i am stuck on Ga

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Is this the info youre using?

58-6002015 -Georgia Dept. of Revenue, 1800 Century Center Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30345

0 Cheers
Elisaj
Level 2

yes maam

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Usually getting all the info entered down at the bottom and the number entered at the top works it out....Im not sure where to go from here, sorry.

chasetax
Level 7

on state tax refund worksheet--part 1 question a answer no --they did not itemize

0 Cheers
Mimbreno
Level 3

I can add New Mexico  if anyone needs it:

For State Refunds the NM EIN is: 85-0478248

For New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions it is: 85-6000057

0 Cheers
Elisaj
Level 2

It eventually worked, just kept deleting and re entering number  smh Thanx for the help

Elisaj
Level 2

I had done that, still wanted info

0 Cheers