Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to mail New York State Department copy of Form 1099-NEC

doods
Level 1
I need the address to mail Copy 1 of form 1099-NEC for New York State
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
qbteachmt
Level 15

I did some research for you.

NY is late to the 1099-NEC conversion from -Misc."New York State tentatively plans to install updates to SFS in the summer of 2021 that will accommodate the creation of Form 1099-NEC and changes to Form 1099-MISC. OSC will release additional communications to agencies in the spring of 2021 when we have more information to share about changes coming to SFS."

The employer/business should have already reported any withholding. "See Form NYS-45-I, Instructions for Form NYS-45, for more information."

"Does my company need to submit a copy of Form1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, to New York State?

No. 

See Publication NYS-50, Employer's Guide to Unemployment Insurance, Wage Reporting and Withholding Tax, section 3, part Y, Statements for employees and annuitants (page 35)."

https://nystax.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3425/~/does-my-company-need-to-submit-a-copy-of-...

"Employers do not submit a copy of federal Form(s) 1099 to New York
State. New York State no longer requires the annual filing of Form 1099
information returns. However, New York State does require the reporting
of Form 1099-R payments if there was New York State, New York City,
or Yonkers income tax withheld (see Annuities subject to income tax
withholding below)."

Even then, there is no need to send the form. In fact, there is a penalty if you send paper and do not use electronic: https://www.tax.ny.gov/bus/wt/wt_efile_mandate.htm

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.