Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does the Client Number get populated from?

Swedegirl
Level 2

I am new to ProSeries and I am customizing our Homebase view according to our firm's needs.  We do use a Client Number as returns come in to the office.  I see there is a selection for that on the Hombase View, however where does that information get populated from?  Or can I enter that information somewhere?  Any help would be appreciated.  I am used to ATX where I can manually enter a number.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Lisa is correct - top of Client Status Worksheet allows you to enter a client number.  

I set my Client Status Worksheet to pop up before I leave the file    Tools>Options>General    next to last section is Client Status   check box  Prompt to Go to worksheet when closing file

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I use my client number for the file name when I save client files.

Then I can have the homebase sorted by client number - First column client name, second column file name, which is the client number.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think its in the Client Status screen. You can get there by the button at the very top of the Fed Info worksheet. I think theres also an option somewhere to make the Client Status screen popup automatically before exiting a client file...I dont use it, but I know Ive seen it somewhere.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Lisa is correct - top of Client Status Worksheet allows you to enter a client number.  

I set my Client Status Worksheet to pop up before I leave the file    Tools>Options>General    next to last section is Client Status   check box  Prompt to Go to worksheet when closing file