Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Maryland form 502LU be available in Proseries? Maryland released the form today, 4/15.

ltyler21
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
dascpa
Level 11

See the 50,000 posts about any software update.  It can take a few weeks for the software company to update.  They have to change the software, get approval from the government, test to make sure it doesn't blow up something else and then release it to tax practitioners.

ltyler21
Level 3

Thanks, no need for the smart ass response.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Definitely by 10/15, but it probably will be ready sooner.  Getting Intuit to post estimated timelines is as easy as it is to get KFC to post the Colonel's secret recipe.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

There was nothing smart ass about it.  I informed you of the facts.  If you look at this board you'll see thousands of similar posts. And then you'll see complaints that the form was released at 9am and why by 9:05 hasn't ProSeries updated it.  Learn that is not how it works. I have 39+ years of experience with this.

dkh
Level 15

@dascpadidn't mean to be a SA - he is expressing what many of us feel at some point. While we all like to help in this forum there is at some point that one question that just releases that Kracken in us. 

Have a great day!    

IRonMaN
Level 15

"@dascpa didn't mean to be a SA"

I certainly hope that is the case since the SA title belongs to me and I don't want anybody to try and take it away 😜

Slava Ukraini!
ltyler21
Level 3

I don't typically ask questions on here, as you can see with me being at Level 1. However, I think we can all agree that this tax season has been full of changes and updates and I have over 50 tax returns sitting on my desk waiting on the Maryland form update, and I typed in the question in the search bar and only a couple of options popped up for answers. I don't have time to scroll through thousands of responses, and I have never had an issue with updates from ProSeries in the past, so don't have any experience with waiting weeks for a form to be available. Just saying that there is no need to tell me to read the "50,000" responses on form update availability. 

0 Cheers
ltyler21
Level 3

Hopefully well before 10/15 as Maryland's filing is only extended til 7/15, and I would rather not do 50+ paper amendments if I can help it lol.....I blame nobody but Maryland for this as it took them over 2 months to release this form, while most other states had their form available to the public and software companies within a couple of weeks. Oh the great state of Maryland!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

For those of us that spend a fair amount of time scanning the posts, we often forget that a lot of folks don't do the same.  Since the search function sucks, doing a search is often fruitless.  But with that said, it really isn't a bad idea to visit this place on a periodic basis just to see what is happening.  This place often serves as a first alert when issues pop up with the software.  So you don't have to spend time posting here, but a quick drive by once in awhile really can help you out from time to time.

Slava Ukraini!
ltyler21
Level 3

Thank you!

dkh
Level 15

Get this - Indiana hasn't decided YET if they will follow IRS with not taxing unemployment.  Their news release on March 17th said they will decide sometime between Mar 17th and Apr 29th as the General Assembly is in session until 04/29.   Whatever!!!!!    

IRonMaN
Level 15

Minnesota - PPP money and unemployment are still twisting in the wind.

Slava Ukraini!
ltyler21
Level 3

Wow! Unbelievable.

0 Cheers