Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the intuit basic 1040 be e-file ready? I need it ready a.s.a.p!!

ClergyTaxMan
Level 2

I am waiting for the forms, in the basic 1040 software, to be finalized so I can e-file tax returns for my clients, and they need it NOW!   Why isn't the software forms for the Basic 1040 electronic filing ready now?  I keep checking the updates for this every day.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I did see someone in the Facebook PS group, that had this continuous message that the program wasnt updated, they couldnt convert or Efile, had to uninstall the 1040 module and reinstall it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

They have been ready for quite awhile.  Click on your computer start menu, select ProSeries and click on repair updates.

Slava Ukraini!
ClergyTaxMan
Level 2

I tried what you suggested, and even rebooted the computer.  Did not work. Still showed that the forms were not ready for electronic filing. So after that I then proceeded to clicked update installed software within the software - still did not work.  So now what do I do? 

0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7

Check the options wizard from when you set it up.  Maybe you did something wrong there.  

0 Cheers
ClergyTaxMan
Level 2

All the data I entered was correct in the Options Wizzard.  updates did not make the forms ready for e-file.  Now what?

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Try re-installing Proseries from scratch.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you seeing Error 54 your program needs to be updated (or something like that)?  That means that form(s) in the return arent final, running through REVIEW should show you some kind of diagnostics.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I did see someone in the Facebook PS group, that had this continuous message that the program wasnt updated, they couldnt convert or Efile, had to uninstall the 1040 module and reinstall it.

0 Cheers
ClergyTaxMan
Level 2

BASICALLY CORRECT - HERE IS THE FULL DETAILED SOLUTION:   I talked with the tech-wizzards at Intuit, and solved this.  You are basically correct.  However BEFORE reinstalling the software from scratch, you first need to backup your data file to protect all your work. I know this from personal experience.   In ProSeries 2021 the file name is 21Data.  In ProSeries Basic Edition 2021 the file name is 21Data also, the same name.  First backing up this file, for whatever software you use, is vitally important.  The Intuit tech-wizzard and I then proceeded to reinstall the software from scratch.  I had a lot of clients, so it was taking a long of time.  After a very long time waiting, we grew impatient,  seeing nothing happening, the tech-wizzard & I decided for us to restart the program.  Well, it; turned out that we did not wait long enough and I was missing 50 of my clients in my client list.  This would have been a major problem for sure if I did not first backup the data file.  So I simply replaced the data file with the backed-up file within the software.  Went back into the program and the full client list was then restored with no work and no clients missing.  Also, all the forms within the software was now e-ffile ready.

0 Cheers