Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekend Technology RANT

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I’m done! Fed up!  Ready to use my computer exclusively for its only reliable design feature… a boat anchor.

1/2 my day is spent logging into a myriad of applications, software, & websites that require constant password changes, updates, MFAs, and reauthorizations. The other 1/2 day is spent dealing with all the HELP desk chats and phone calls and their 1st, 2nd, and escalated assistance staffed by people who can barely read their knowledge-base instructions.

Today I received 4 secure emails from brokerages and banks… (one was just asking an innocuous question)…and you have to log in with or change passport, MFA, etc. super secure pdfs they send prohibit printing to pdf the few pages you need for an 8949 attachment. 

NO MORE!!! Hence, ALL secure emails will receive a reply UNABLE TO OPEN. PLEASE FAX TO MY SECURE FAX AND ACKNOWLEDGE

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
6 Comments 6
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I get all kinds of those requests, which I ignore or respond please mail.  We don't even suggest fax as that sometimes is not as readable.  It is a long time till individual returns are due.  They can print and mail it to me or deliver it.  Some of the brokers are too lazy to print out copies so they think it is easier for me to do it.  If it is April 13th I might, your toner and paper will suffice.

ljr
Level 8

I have one that just hit my email and I responded we can not open please mail or have the client mail it to us. I don't have the free time to mess with it either. 

PATAX
Level 15

I agree I'm sick and tired of all this password and username nonsense and all this MFA bullcrap.

ljr
Level 8

It's bad enough that I'm in the office at 6am on a Saturday! Oh, wait that's seems to be everyday now. lol 

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I was asked to do a passive growth tracing on an IRA for a party that is getting divorced and they sent me a zip file and every attachment had a error and the pdfs were all blank.  I had to go baCk and forth with the attorney that sent me the initial request before she finally found a way to send them in a readable form.  At one point before she figured it out I suggested she just mail me printed copies of the statements.  Good work though so I like performing these tracings. 

PATAX
Level 15

This early in the morning is the best time to get work done as the locusts have not arisen yet.