Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We Spoke December, 2021 - Can I Bring You My Taxes

dascpa
Level 11

Hmm, haven't heard from you in 16 months.  What happened to prior year tax filing, and no, you cannot. 

6 Comments 6
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I had a call today.. can you file our 2022 taxes for the company I work for?  I did not even get into asking her if she was a C Corp, S Corp, or an LLC.  I was picking up a bad feeling about the condition of the books and with my work load I passed on it.  She asked me if I knew anyone that could take this on.  I gave her a name of a CPA friend of mine but suggested that she not contact him today or tomorrow.  I hope she has an extension in.  I cannot sort that all out for her based on a quick phone call. 

dascpa
Level 11

I gave her a name of a CPA friend of mine.....

Based on your gut feel you should have given the name of someone you don't like.  Let them take this one on.  Only give friends good referrals.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

He is a partner in a big CPA firm around here.  I don't know if they like work that requires cleaning up of the books or not.. At one point I would at least entertain the thought of getting involved with that but thankfully now I can pass on that kind of work. 

linda2
Level 5

That's an emphatic NO!

PATAX
Level 15

I am always wary of people looking for tax accountants at this time of the year. Do they have issues? Are they procrastinators? Are they jumpers, i.e. jump from tax preparer to tax preparer and you can guess why?

Accountant-Man
Level 13

I've received several calls over the last two weeks, the last one Monday at 9:30 AM. 

"I need to file my independent contractor business.  I found your name on line."

Nope. He's fishing.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.