Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to get Statement C - QBI Pass-Through Entity Reporting Patrons of Coops to print with K-1? 199A stmt A prints but not 199A stmt C.

dixie
Level 1
Right Now I am manually printing out each shareholder's 199A stmt C to attach to K-1s. But this is something that I think should print on its own. BUT I don't find it in the K1 Info group of forms on left hand side when inside the 1065 return, so I assume this is not an option?
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
bturner4
Employee
Employee

@dixie This is an option. In order to activate Statement C and see it included with forms in use, you'll need to link the QBI Statement C information worksheet to the pass through entity's K-1 entry worksheet . First, from the forms menu, select "K-1 stmnt C  entry" and enter the applicable entries. Next, you'll need to link the statement C  worksheet to the K-1 from the pass through entity.  You'll find the linking option near the bottom of the K-1 Partner worksheet after the  Section A Qualified Business Income Deduction - Statement A Information. Right underneath the Section A entries there is a field that you must double click to link the Statement C QBI information. Once statement C is linked, you will see it with the forms in use on the left hand side of your screen and when you print your return. 

If statement C still isn't printing with the return after completing the steps above, check your global print options. To do this, select the print icon, then "global print options," then "Control Which Forms Print."  If you expand the subcategory "Statements, etc. (filed with return)" you will find options for including the 199A Statement C summary. From here, you may decide which forms print with your filing returns.

I hope this helps. 

0 Cheers
dixie
Level 1

So I'm not sure I understand the linking on the K-1 worksheet that you are speaking of. I did, however, fill in the 199A Section C worksheet in general and it is flowing to the K-1's in their allocated amounts. On the left-hand side (showing below) you can see the Stmt C for each shareholder shows up.  I did originally turn it on in the global print options so it does print with my tax return (stmt A and smt C print at the front ---this year at least in shareholder order for a change).

But for some reason when I print the K-1s (see 2nd image), only the Stmt A prints and not the Stmt C. So as long as I remember, I go back and print another copy of each shareholder's Stmt C to go with their K-1s   That make sense?

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

0 Cheers