Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions

Amanda44
Level 3

Hello, I have a question regarding the Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions.  I have a few clients that elected to divide their distribution over three years.  I assumed that it would carry over to 2021 but it does not appear that way.  Does anyone have any information on this or where we are supposed to show that income?

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Very popular subject here.....

this carryover from 2020 will come on 8915-F and unfortunately, Intuit is projecting a 03/17 date. In their defense tho, IRS does not even have that form finalized. Ugh!!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
qbteachmt
Level 15

Forms 8915-B, -C, -D and -F are not scheduled to be finalized until March 17 by Intuit. They are not even released by the IRS at this point. You transferred a bit early. Don't file, yet.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Very popular subject here.....

this carryover from 2020 will come on 8915-F and unfortunately, Intuit is projecting a 03/17 date. In their defense tho, IRS does not even have that form finalized. Ugh!!

qbteachmt
Level 15

Oh, gee, look! @rcooley25 start yet another complaining topic on this subject:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-form-8915f/01/192353...

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Again let me say that I was not yelling at intuit or any of you fellow preparers. I was only passing along information regarding a topic that is causing a great deal of frustration to many of us. So sorry that some of you cant understand that or appreciate that.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I thought misery loves company.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Ug indeed. Intuit has been receiving a lot of flack over how they are handling this but what it all comes down to it still is the IRS fault.

0 Cheers