Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The return I'm working on is showing zero refund/due. No errors left to check. What did I miss?

askbookkeeper
Level 1

The tax summary shows the client should be receiving a refund, the the summary doesn't seem to be calculating.  It's also showing zero due/refund on the left side of the screen.  Did I miss a box or check something incorrectly?  This client has farming, rental income, small business, and retirement - any help would be appreciated as this return is due March 1!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What do you mean "should be" getting a refund?  

Look at the 1040 and FOLLOW the money...where is the issue happening?  

Did you accidently apply the refund to the next year?

What version of ProSeries are you using?  You are describing things that I don't see on my screen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What do you mean "should be" getting a refund?  

Look at the 1040 and FOLLOW the money...where is the issue happening?  

Did you accidently apply the refund to the next year?

What version of ProSeries are you using?  You are describing things that I don't see on my screen.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
askbookkeeper - that is quite a mystery, especially since you haven't provided any numbers.  Asking "what did I miss" is like asking us if you missed the bus today.  We don't know what time the bus comes past your stop, or even if you have a bus.  We are pretty good at solving mysteries, but even Columbo has a few clues to work with when he solves a crime.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Tax Summary, refund on the left side of the screen...this isn't a ProSeries question.  Are you using TurboTax?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I'm using ProSeries.  Or were you talking to our bookkeeper friend :grimacing:
It can't be TurdoTax because you can't use that to prepare client returns, only your own :grinning:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I know what you got!  LOL

Could be PTO, I don't know what that screen looks like.

0 Cheers
askbookkeeper
Level 1
No need to be rude.  Yes I'm using ProSeries - apologies for wasting your time.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
No waste of time, what you are describing doesn't sound like ProSeries...can you add some more details?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Are you looking at the actual 1040 tax form?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Nobody is trying to be rude, but if you need help, you have to work with us and provide some details.  We are not mind readers.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Wait just a minute...those of us who have been regularly attending the weekly mind reading classes do quite well.  Sometimes...
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
But not on Saturdays.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers