Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Scan & Import Reviews

dascpa
Level 11

Would like as many people as possible to give a review and add one to five stars if you've used ProSeries Tax Scan and Import.  So far on this board only people complaining have written in.  Keep debating if just another thing to go wrong and spend more time reviewing or it's worth it. 

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Keep debating if just another thing to go wrong and spend more time reviewing or it's worth it"

It's an Intuit product ------------------- what could ever go wrong?😉

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

Expected reply and agree, but not helpful.

0 Cheers
jtsjoz
Level 2

For 2021 - There is a good chunk of basic forms it just does not work with like SSA-1099, or it will leave out detail like other address fields on forms. I would say based on the time I saved from entering pages of stock trades, it was probably worth it. I did around 400 returns last year and our..  I'm hoping it will continue to improve and OCR technology and Ai has improved alot but ... who knows..

0 Cheers
jtsjoz
Level 2

For a review of 2022 -- Doesn't handle dollar signs in W-2 well and didn't missed a 1099-NEC completely. 

Treats $ as a 5 so you definitely want to check for that.

0 Cheers
jtsjoz
Level 2

1099-B have had solid 80-90% success. Additional crypto trades on a excel sheet or or some other format gives you a work around to import a invalid 1099, then overwrite the proof excel file copy to import the actual transactions that you want imported. One benefit is that we have digitized all of the records, which can be indexed, into a search appliance  we use for looking up past records and event and verifying returns. 

0 Cheers