Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Pros to be randomly contacted for IRS survey

PATAX
Level 15

From approximately end of November to mid January, a third party entity is conducting an IRS survey for IRS and will randomly select tax professionals to contact via telephone. I hope they contact Mr. D. V. Nerdman in Pennsylvania.🤓😉

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

I'm not likely to take the call.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

I’ll probably get one since I don’t respond to surveys.  I did at one time, but between wasting my time filling those things out for Intuit and the vast amount of hackers lurking out there, I am cured of the habit.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

I wonder how much they are paying this third party to conduct this survey? Or should I say how much taxpayers are paying? All they have to do is come to this forum or other tax professional forums and they can see what we think. If they call me then I would have to decline, because if I accepted then I would tell them the truth, as I do not like to lie, but sometimes telling the truth is not wise, even though they said participants will be anonymous.

rbynaker
Level 13

@sjrcpa wrote:

This.

If you want to take the survey, I've been told to expect a Kansas City area code (816).

PATAX
Level 15

The survey will cover topics including E-Filing, due diligence requirements, data security, and electronic data submission.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Those are going to be tough questions.  If they were going to ask, "what is my favorite color" or "who isn't going to win the next Super Bowl", I might have thought about doing the survey.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

You guys and gals are not going to believe it, but I just got a phone call I think from that entity. I didn't answer it because I thought it was someone trying to sell something or some type of scam. On the office caller ID it says Tax Pro Survey. The phone number is 816 area code. After I didn't answer it , then I started thinking and remembered this post . Oh well, I'm still busy so I probably don't have time for that anyways. Time is money.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

That's funny.  🙂

If they call back, a good response would be to say "Sorry, I can't talk right now, I'm on 'hold' with the IRS."

🤣