Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smh

PATAX
Level 15

Going through a client's data today and I came upon a 1099-R that looked like Sasquatch opened it. Unbelievable. Aren't these marked important tax documents? Or am I just a nitpicking nerd?🤓

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I can handle that kind of stuff.  It's the heavy smokers that get to me.  Sometimes I want to get a clothes line installed outside of the office and buy some clothes pins so that I can hang their tax information until the toxic fumes have worn off.  I have another one that I can't quite understand.  You get your tax stuff mailed to you in January.  When you come into the office in February why does everything smell musty?  It's like everything has been stored down in a dungeon for three years.  And it has to be the dungeon below the moat to smell that musty.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
dascpa
Level 11

I'm impressed.  Getting my clients to open these documents is an annual fight.

PATAX
Level 15

This one looked like that big rat Chuck E cheese chewed on it. It's better sometimes if they not open it.

rbynaker
Level 13

@PATAX wrote:

This one looked like that big rat Chuck E cheese chewed on it. It's better sometimes if they not open it.

Sometimes things come from the post office that way.  (Other times things don't come from the post office at all!)

PATAX
Level 15

And other times things come from the post office or delivery service that don't even belong to us. Several years ago I found three or four packages out by the door right before Christmas. I put the packages in the car and went to the house where they should have been delivered. I knocked on the door and asked the guy if so and so lived here. He said no. I said okay I just have some packages in the car that belong to that person. He said oh oh yeah yeah yeah she lives here.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I can handle that kind of stuff.  It's the heavy smokers that get to me.  Sometimes I want to get a clothes line installed outside of the office and buy some clothes pins so that I can hang their tax information until the toxic fumes have worn off.  I have another one that I can't quite understand.  You get your tax stuff mailed to you in January.  When you come into the office in February why does everything smell musty?  It's like everything has been stored down in a dungeon for three years.  And it has to be the dungeon below the moat to smell that musty.

Slava Ukraini!