Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-Employed Health Insurance deduction

cpatrina
Level 3

Thank you in advance.

I have a client with Schedule C net income.  They had health insurance from the exchange (so reported on Form 1095-A).  It should be flowing through as a SE HI deduction.  Instead it is showing up on Schedule A.  I can't figure out why.

I had a similar situation with another client and it correctly flowed through as a SE HI deduction.  Net income is similar.  I cannot figure out why it worked correctly in this case but not in the other.

Thanks!

Trina Weingarten, CPA

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
cpatrina
Level 3

Ok, I linked the Form 1095-A to Schedule C and it is still not flowing through as a SE HI deduction,  And yes there is business net income to allow for the SE HI deduction.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
qbteachmt
Level 15

Did the business have a profit? Did you link that Sched C to the SE Health for Schedule 1?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You linked the 1095A to the Sch C, right?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
cpatrina
Level 3

How do I link the Form 1095-A to the Schedule C?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
at the bottom of the 1095A is a place to link it....you must have done it for the other one that you said worked properly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
cpatrina
Level 3

Ok, I linked the Form 1095-A to Schedule C and it is still not flowing through as a SE HI deduction,  And yes there is business net income to allow for the SE HI deduction.

0 Cheers
cpatrina
Level 3

THanks it worked!!!