Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting stock grants without a W2

KathyIllick
Level 2

I have a client who received a stock grant from a former employer for which taxes (withholding, FICA, and Medicare) were withheld but no W2 was issued. How can I report the income and the taxes withheld?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

There should be a W-2 somewhere.  Maybe it's only available for download from a portal (which your client may or may not have access to).

Try getting on a 3-way call with the client and the former employer and see if you can get anywhere.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Quite a few stock option plans out there. You need to know the details of the plan for your client. Here is a good article from the tax advisor.

https://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2019/may/stock-based-compensation-basics.html

rbynaker
Level 13

There should be a W-2 somewhere.  Maybe it's only available for download from a portal (which your client may or may not have access to).

Try getting on a 3-way call with the client and the former employer and see if you can get anywhere.

KathyIllick
Level 2

That's a good idea. He doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with them by himself. Thanks!

0 Cheers
KathyIllick
Level 2

Thanks, I'll check that out!

0 Cheers