Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refundo link updated - See how many returns it shows you prepared compared to competitors

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Tax year 2023.. Numbers may change as extended returns come in but here is current status: 

I expect to leapfrog into # 2 slot, only behind a local firm with a number of preparers and support staff.

https://dashboard.refundo.com/2024/ext/?fbclid=IwAR1wqzXZGNt5rSVjYqjSaqEfhdKjRFBurMoK2trFCskcGsfzWbg...

For a one person shop I score really well.. you can edit the city and zip and see how you stack up, if this is the sort of thing that interests you.. I find it interesting: 

24 Comments 24
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I rank 9 in my zipcode, that's up from 13 last year!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks for link. Are you sure those aren't last years numbers, i.e. returns efiled IN 2023?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@PATAX wrote:

Thanks for link. Are you sure those aren't last years numbers, i.e. returns efiled IN 2023?

I think you're right, that number looks like what I filed IN 2023

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

it's not real clear if that is the tax year or the year filed.  I sent refundo an email but have not heard back.URL though does say 2024

dascpa
Level 11

I ranked 8th but 1st as a solo practitioner. Curious, it says average AGI for my zip code is just below $117,000.  What does yours say?

Also, this is only e-file.  It ignores mailed in returns.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

AGI for my zip code shows 87,957.  Not sure if this is just efiled returns or based off of PTIN's.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Nvidia earnings out and just announed a whopping 10 for one stock split.  INTU not that far away from Nvidia's stock price.. I hope Intuit splits the stock.  I know the initial math is about a wash but stock splits can bring more investors in and create a huge buzz for the stock, driving stock even higher. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Average AGI in my zipcode shows $88,902 if I input the zip code for the "fancy schmancy" side of town it shows $104,164.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

is that CA Lisa? I thought it would be much higher 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

CA is huge, Im about an hour north of San Francisco.  The first large city in the county just south of mine the AGI is $161k...North of me, $66k     location location location!

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Awesome link, Jim… one of those lucky practitioners in my zip code is gonna buy  my practice….. YIpee!

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@Skylane can I ask how did the process go.. did they reach out to you or you to them first?

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@Jim-from-Ohio    I haven't started process yet.... just starting to think about it...  the site will make it easy for me to reach out to local preparers looking for growth. Intuit may be stuck w/ me for another couple years. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@Skylane  glad to hear you are still with Intuit.. I bought the dip today and picked up some more INTU shares.. also picked up more PDD (Temu)

dascpa
Level 11

My city has two zip codes. Average AGI where my office is per Refundo is $116,064. Where I live it says $162,971. It's probably higher but I'm the poor one of the zip code that brings down the average.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Very interesting. I used three different zips (core of city, South end where we used to live, West where the new developments are happening) as subsets and the City name overall. There are just under 100 preparers listed, and the first does over 13k returns. The next few are slightly over 3k, and on down. Love the reject data, because I work with or support a bunch of CPA/EA offices. Beyond seeing the wreckage after a bad filing, I never really knew who does what quality of work.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

But rejections are deceiving.  How many were rejected because the ex hurried up to file to win the “dependency game”?  Then there are the rejections because the IRS hasn’t processed a Sub S election yet.  Throw in a few more rejections because there is a glitch in the software that caused “unexpected behavior.”  How about rejections over missing 1095a forms that the client forgot about?  There are lots of ways to create rejections that are out of the hands of the preparer.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

yep.. out of the 1,938 returns it shows that I prepared it shows 54 rejections.. I did not have any where that many and almost every single one that was rejected were things outiside my control and ended up being accepted.  like @IRonMaN said.. 1095A, kid claimed by other parent, etc. I think I had one typo on an EIN or a bad SS#, all them ulitmately accepted.  

PATAX
Level 15

I agree with Iron Man. This year I had one reject because the client signed up for health insurance during the year and did not tell me, and did not bring in the 1095-a. Last year I had no Rejects. That's how I knew that the list link above was for returns filed IN 2023.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"There are lots of ways to create rejections that are out of the hands of the preparer."

Of course. I sent my out-of-state family to the same local preparer and my mother's return got rejected for wrong ID (? not the preparer fault and not wrong...) and this filing year, rejected again because "the spouse that died the year before is listed on this return" (not listed...where do they get this stuff) so I supposed I should apologize to them for lowering their approval rate.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
abctax55
Level 15

Love the reject data

As Jeff pointed out, rejections are seldom indicative of errors by the preparer (at least in my experience).  The main culprit in my office is F 1095-A problems.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yea all my rejects were eventually accepted once the problem was corrected.  I might have had to paper a couple returns due to locked SSN or other parent claimed a kid.

PATAX
Level 15

The second big culprit is Name - Social Security mismatch, usually when wife doesn't change maiden name with Social Security.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@PATAX wrote:

The second big culprit is Name - Social Security mismatch, usually when wife doesn't change maiden name with Social Security.

Ive got a client that got married close to 10 years ago, shes got a new updated SS card with her married name, but I cant get IRS to accept the return in  her married name, I have to keep it in her maiden name to get accepted, weird!  The first year it happened, I figured it was just a timing issue..   She just noticed it on her 8879 this year, I completely forgot that it was an issue that first year, and she never noticed the name on the return in all these years since!  LOL