Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund still being processed after accepted two months ago. What this be for?

Golfer2016
Level 2

It was successfully E-filed about 8 weeks ago and was a pretty straight forward return.  The refund was also <$1000.  However, the refund is held up.  Unfortunately, this also prevented the client from getting the stimulus as her 2019 was in her benefit.  The IRS website just says it is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available.  Unfortunately, no one at the IRS is available.  

I understand the stimulus check can be addressed on the 2020 filing somehow showing she should have gotten based on 2019 numbers.  Has that changed at all?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have a couple like that, Accepted on 3/30 and 3/31...stuck in processing. 

I called the PPS on Thursday all they could tell me is that it was "in review"....neither of them have anything that would make me think they needed review...no refundable credits, no dependents, just basic straight forward returns (one is a single TP in her 20s with a W2, the other is single with a few retirement accounts and SS), very similar to the prior years, refunds are for withholding only...the PPS told me if the clients still don't see anything from IRS in 30 days to call back.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Treasury debt set-off, or identity theft (by someone else)?  

Grant me the serenity not to sweat the small stuff,

And the wisdom to realize it’s all small stuff.

0 Cheers