Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why are the letters "no" appearing at the bottom of form 1040 page 2 on some of my returns?

confused1
Level 2

0 Cheers
33 Comments 33
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The program has had enough and is just saying NO!  

Im kidding of course.  I'd restart the computer and printer to clear all the RAM in both of those, then come back and see if its still happening.

Its also possible that last nights update did something wonky and a file was corrupted, you could try using refresh or repair updates.

1. Open ProSeries.
  2. From the Updates menu, select Refresh Updates then Refresh Updates for Installed Products.
  3. Select Install Now.
  4. Once the ProSeries Update Log is shown select Close.
  5. Open ProSeries.
  6. From the Updates menu, select Update Installed Products.
  7. If updates are found select Install Now.
  8. If no updates are found select Close.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

You dont mean by chance "NO" next to line 27?

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a ghost from tax seasons past telling you "no more returns".  If I were you I would retire.  You never know when that ghost is going to get really mad if you don't listen to him 👻

Slava Ukraini!
confused1
Level 2

no but thank you for taking my  question seriously as others have not....i understand the no as it relates to EIC but this is just a random "NO" appearing in the large empty section below all lines on page 2.....

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Is it the "No" that should be for the EIC but the programmers have an oops that is printing it in the wrong place?

confused1
Level 2

thank you for your suggestion.....i tried the update refreshing, etc but it didn't seem to have any effect...not all returns show the "no" ....just about half which is really frustrating because I can't tell what might be different....thank you for your thoughts!

confused1
Level 2

Very interesting observation!  It almost lines up vertically that way...I don't know how to prove/disprove that nor correct it if it is but I truly appreciate your input....very good catch by you either way...thank you!

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

take a photo and post. 

If it does not relate to EIC.....maybe @Just-Lisa-Now- has the correct solution?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I saw another post a couple weeks ago where a random letter G was showing up in oddball spots throughout the return, they had to uninstall and reinstall to fix that.

Ron42661
Level 3

I am getting the exact same 'no" on page 2 of my returns as well - it has to be something to do with an update since it did not show up a few days ago 

Any corrections available?

Taxprohere
Level 7

Also make sure your printer drivers are up to date, and I'm assuming you're using a compatible printer. 

0 Cheers
Ron42661
Level 3

They were compatible before the update 

0 Cheers
Ron42661
Level 3

dsb.jpg

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you ran REPAIR UPDATES yet to see if it was a file that didnt install properly?

repair22.jpg

0 Cheers
Ron42661
Level 3

Yes I did --  did not solve issue

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuitjhaze  can you get this in front of someone that might have a clue whats happening?  

Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

@Just-Lisa-Now- thank you and the rest of the community for sharing! I'll gather up all this info in this thread (and the related thread here) and share it with the team internally. Stay tuned.

The search here sucks.  I know, I am preaching to the choir.  I was about to start a new thread on this when I scrolled through the postings for the last few days and found this thread.

I got the dreaded "No" as well.  It is is not print drivers, and update and repair tools do not correct it.  The "No" appears if you print to the screen or to a pdf and then view.  This began appearing after the last program update I installed on Thursday 2/9.  So far it has only been on one return.

Any guesses on when it will be fixed?  Will it be fixed?

BTW, it happened on the most **bleep** client I have.  He WILL notice it.  So I hope they fix it soon.  I can put him off for about a week.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I don't think any of my clients even look at the returns.. the want to know if they owe or have a reufund and for how much. 

Wow, I guess the word "canal" without the "c" isn't allowed.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

For one "canal" client, whiteout always works.

Slava Ukraini!
Ron42661
Level 3

That's what I'm doing until, or if, it's fixed

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I'd much rather they fix the 8960 issue

0 Cheers

OMG, I would rather deal with questions about the word "no" on the return than questions about whiteout on the return.  And no, while my copiers are high quality, you can still tell the difference between the original and the copy.

0 Cheers
confused1
Level 2

WOW!!! I was really hoping that with all the traffic and responses re this matter that intuit would have responded/corrected the issue by now....

0 Cheers

Seems like this is fixed.

IntuitLisaI
Level 3

Hi all, there was a fix scheduled for this that went out last week. I just want to confirm this is resolved, Is anyone still experiencing this issue? 

dkh
Level 15

My "No"s are back on line 27 where they belong.   

Mine now say "Yes".😁

PATAX
Level 15

Thanks, I haven't noticed it.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Mine still says maybe. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I wish I would have used the roller tape white out instead of the liquid, sure make a mess of my monitor.

confused1
Level 2

At this point, the "no" problem appears fixed. Thank you...

0 Cheers