Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter a Section 897 capital gain reported on a 1099-DIV?

Froggy73
Level 1

On my client's 1099-DIV was reported an amount under line 2f (Section 897 capital gain).  Do you know how/where to report it?

Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

Dividend income worksheet, Section F, Line 9.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
dascpa
Level 11

Dividend income worksheet, Section F, Line 9.

Froggy73
Level 1

Thank you very much!  I will give it a try. 🙂

0 Cheers
larry 25
Level 1

Looking for where to put Capital Gains, Section 897.  Two members said "dividend income worksheet, Section F, line 9.  What is the dividend income worksheet and where can I find it?  Thanks.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@larry 25 

Are you using ProSeries software?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
larry 25
Level 1

Having a background in finance, have never used tax software, I do all this on my own.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Hi there,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

( Generic Comment )"
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Being you have a background in finance then I'm sure you are aware that  boxes 2e and 2f do not need to be completed for recipients that are U.S. individuals. See the instructions for 1099DIV

abctax55
Level 15

Which a simple google search also tells ya'

( Generic Comment )"
KellyEA
Level 1

On the regular Int & Div worksheet, double click on the line that has the broker name in it.  If you have a Charles Schwab statement, you've entered "Charles Schwab" as the payer name, so you double click on that and it takes you to the worksheet for extra info.