Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the 2021 990 software be release?

LibbyBean
Level 2

I have a client who wants their 990 done as soon as possible. 

8 Comments 8
PATAX
Level 15

You may have to wait a while. This is usually the last module to be released. Calendar year returns are not due usually until May 15th. I am not expecting to do any until March at the earliest. Hope this helps.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That's a good question, but Intuit isn't providing any answers.  We are all waiting on the edge of our seats for that magical date.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

At the rate that Intuit is going, I would guess June or July.

IRonMaN
Level 15

If that is case, I hope Intuit is going to provide some seat cushions because our butts our going to get awful sore sitting on the edge of our seats for that long.

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

The California version of the schedule 990 is listed as 2-18-22 for update/release. Inquiring minds might wonder if the Federal version will have to be about then as well, in order to be able to access the State?

PATAX
Level 15

@LibbyBean  @jeffmcpa2010 @IRonMaN @TaxGuyBill also let us not forget that last year I could not file extensions for the form 990 and 990-t because an error messages kept popping up. If that happens again this year, then we will have to rush to finish the returns before May 15th again. Doesn't that sound real nice? I'm not going to let it bother me, and I am going to take the advice of The Beatles and just "let it be".

LibbyBean
Level 2

I know it is not due until May, but I have a client who needs it done know.  I also have two accountants in my office who have different software and their 990 is available.  Which makes me ask a different question, did IRS Release this ?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It certainly looks for real at the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f990.pdf

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers