Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need global warming for tax season

PATAX
Level 15

I'm hoping that global warming comes quick, so this Arctic spell goes away, as well as the other cold weather for the rest of tax season. Cold weather brings snow and ice, then the roads get bad and the clients can't come, Or they claim they can't, and then they play the rescheduling game. Plus I hurt my shoulder and arm, and I will have to pay a kid money to clean the snow and salt it. So please,  please prove Algore (the brother of Igor) correct, and bring us global warming. Truly yours, Nemes Von Nerdman in Pennsylvania.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

Saw something yesterday that would help you out.  Post a sign that says you're hosting a class on snow shoveling.  Meeting at 4pm at your driveway.  All the students learn how to do it properly - and you're the beneficiary.

View solution in original post

20 Comments 20
IRonMaN
Level 15

We had 40+ degrees and rain for Christmas - most depressing Christmas I have ever seen.  Normally New Years is always cold here.  Instead it was 30+ degrees.  Normally it's around 30 on New Years, but with a minus in front of it.  Global warming is here, and there are a lot of ice fisherman bobbing around in the lakes this winter that aren't a big fan of it. 

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah I agree with you Iron Man. It's nice to have a cold snowy Christmas. Same thing for New Year's Day, But once the pork, kielbasa and sauerkraut are eaten up, then it's time to warm up.

Cold weather?  What cold weather?

Now that Ironman's and my mutual friend has retired, there is plenty of Fireball here in Illinois to ward off any thoughts of cold weather.

BobKamman
Level 15

Isn't there some rule that those who joke about climate change have to divulge how many grandchildren they have?

(Four here, ages 10 through 13)

PATAX
Level 15

@Frustrated-in-IL trying to get Brother Cooley to share his Fireball, is like trying to get Gollum to share Precious.

PATAX
Level 15

Your grandchildren will be fine. This global warming is BS. You are very intelligent and you should know this, and you should know not to believe everything that you are told. Years ago there was a show called "in search of" by Leonard Nimoy. One of the episodes was about the coming Ice Age that was going to be caused by pollution. So now we've gone from Ice Age to global warming. What a big joke.

BobKamman
Level 15

In other words, no grandchildren.  

PATAX
Level 15

My buddy just had his first son, and you talking about grandchildren. I'm not old enough for grandchildren. But I do have to hand it to you Bob, you always have a good comeback.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm not a scientist, but neither was Leonard Nimoy.  But I don't have to believe scientists, Leonard Nimoy, or even PeeWee Herman if he had a view on the issue.  I can however look at things for myself and know something has changed.  I started going out in the woods with my dad when I was around 6 years old.  Grouse season in Minnesota starts in the middle of September followed by deer season the first or second weekend in November.  For anyone who is a grouse hunter, you know it's hard to get many shots at the critters when the leaves are still on the trees.  When I first started venturing out in those early days, the leaves were changing color on opening day and the trees were pretty much void of leaves by the first week in October.  That has gradually changed over the years to the point that 60 years later we still had a few leaves on trees for the opening of deer season this year.  I can also point that there are days in October that you can now hunt in short sleeve shirts because 70 degree days are not uncommon during the month.  When I was a teenager, if you tried going short sleeved, you would end up with hypothermia before the day was done.  I have to admit that I have yet to visit PA, but maybe someone slipped up and built a wall around it that was meant for the Mexican border, so you aren't seeing any changes there.  But I can report in for what I'm seeing in Norhtern Minnesota, and I don't think the changes are due to the use of alien lasers.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

There's always hope that wisdom will come with maturity

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN actually I have noticed the same thing Iron Man here diring hunting season in Pennsylvania. So it is not just in Minnesota. But the question is, is this just a temporary warming spell. Or is this permanent global warming. We only have records on temperature going back about 200 years I believe. So it's a little bit hard to say whether this is permanent or not. Also Spock wasn't the only one saying that, he was basing that episode on what others were saying. Live long and don't get too warm.🖖

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Saw something yesterday that would help you out.  Post a sign that says you're hosting a class on snow shoveling.  Meeting at 4pm at your driveway.  All the students learn how to do it properly - and you're the beneficiary.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"is this just a temporary warming spell. Or is this permanent global warming"

But that's like saying do I have cancer or do I have a cold.  Why not be cautious and assume it is cancer and see what you can do about it before it is too late.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@dascpa actually my neighbor cleaned it for me a few hours ago. I used to clean his grandfather's snow for him. So I guess my good deed has been repaid.

IRonMaN
Level 15

About time he paid you back 😁

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@BobKamman actually there is no hope in my case as I plan on staying semi immature for as long as I can.

BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN   It's a cult.  In a typical year between 1985-2005, people in Pittsburgh, PA experienced about 7 days above 90.6ºF in a year. By 2050, people in Pittsburgh are projected to experience an average of about 41 days per year over 90.6ºF.  But you and I probably aren't going to be around by then to say, "I told you so."

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm going to have to start working out so I make sure I am around long enough to say that.  My stubbornness might be just enough to make sure I am around long enough to tell that to people in Pittsburgh.  Now I just have to find some people younger than me living in Pittsburgh so that I can tell them that.😉

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN @BobKamman after Bill Clinton signed NAFTA, steel mills closed down in Pittsburgh area, and the monster rats that were living in those steel mills had to move out into residential areas. Last week I was on the south side and I saw a massive rat eating a pierogi and wearing sunglasses. So both of you are indeed correct, global warming is a fact.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Actually, that was after Ronald Reagan negotiated the Canada–United States Free Trade Agreement. It was passed by the House of Representatives by a vote of 366 - 40 on August 9, 1988 and by the Senate by a vote of 83–9 on September 19, 1988. President Reagan signed the Act on September 28, 1988.

0 Cheers