Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slob clients

PATAX
Level 15

Did you ever notice that some clients open up their mail, including their tax documents, like Godzilla after he ate a forest of fermented berries. I did a Google search and the letter opener has been around since at least 1850. Maybe that would be a good advertising avenue for tax preparers, they could put their name on letter openers, and maybe that will also remind them to save the documents for tax season.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Give them some credit ————- at least they took the time to open it.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Give them some credit ————- at least they took the time to open it.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah at least I did not find a booger on this one's data.....

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I gave away letter openers with my logo on them one year, came in handy for when people showed up with all their envelopes still sealed. Toss them one, Get to opening!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

Then there is the end-opening sect.  Their cult requires them to slice envelopes open at the narrow end, then carefully extract the contents.  This may not be so difficult, but pushing those sheets of paper back in can be time-consuming, especially when there are a dozen of them to handle.  And who risks client ire by just tossing the envelope, when such great efforts were made to preserve the wrapper?  

PATAX
Level 15

Yeah I can never understand why some people do that. Maybe they think people still lick envelopes, and they don't want to touch the part that they licked? Maybe they don't realize there are self stick envelopes or glue sticks. Gave a client a self stick envelope years ago, and he actually did not know what it was, and thought there was something wrong with the envelope.

PATAX
Level 15

Ohhhhh no, they say he's got to go, go go Godzilla... Ohhhhh no, there goes Tokyo, go go Godzilla....

0 Cheers