Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override

judys3
Level 4

Question.  I have a customer that I had to amend years 2020 & 2021 do to them receiving the ERC.  Since tax year 2022 was already filed do I amend that year as well to change the balance sheet?  I am working 2023 the year money received and of course I am off from the changes of 2020 & 2021.  Can I override the changed fields?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

If 2022 was not affected by ERC and the only changes are the balance sheet changes rolling over from 2020 and 2021, there isn't a need to amend 2022.  Go ahead and override the opening balance sheet accounts on the 2023 return.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

If 2022 was not affected by ERC and the only changes are the balance sheet changes rolling over from 2020 and 2021, there isn't a need to amend 2022.  Go ahead and override the opening balance sheet accounts on the 2023 return.

Slava Ukraini!
judys3
Level 4

The balance sheet for 2022 is incorrect as well because of those amended returns.  I wasn't sure if I needed to amend that year as well for those changes.

And thank you for you answer.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!