Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOL

ChiHoang
Level 4

For NOL, do I have to manually enter the amount available to carryforward in the carryover worksheet in ProSeries ? ProSeries does not automatically calculated it ?

Thanks

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

I thought the software did the leg work for you.  At least I thought it did for the Professional version anyway.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

ProSeries Basic is great for almost everything, but unfortunately NOLs is one of the few things it does not have.  So yes, you need to manually calculate and manually enter NOLs if you use Basic (or use Professional on a Pay-Per-Return basis if you want to use the NOL worksheets).

ChiHoang
Level 4

Thank you for your answer.

Camp1040
Level 11

I have gone to the carryover worsheet and then double clicked on the NOL and it calculated the NOL and woksheets if you decided to file form 1045.

I use basic!

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Camp1040 wrote:

I have gone to the carryover worsheet and then double clicked on the NOL and it calculated the NOL and woksheets if you decided to file form 1045.

I use basic!

Wow, that it interesting.  As far I knew, Basic didn't do anything with NOLs, including calculating the 1045.  I may need to investigate that further.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 11

It won't calculate the 1045 just the forms to attach to the 1045, have never had that many NOL's and all have been carrryforward.

EDIT : Basic does contain the 1045 form