Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to connect data input form W-2G to Schedule C and not have it go to other income?

chaddorn
Level 2

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

The W2G is for gambling winnings reported as other income. Why would you want to report it on schedule C ?

qbteachmt
Level 15

Are you sure that isn't a 1099-G?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

wouldn't a "professional gambler's" income go on a Schedule C?  

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Jim-from-Ohio Poster made no mention of his client being a professionals gambler. A professional gambler that is a sole proprietorship would of course use schedule C, and his winnings are subject to SE tax

0 Cheers
chaddorn
Level 2

Apologies.  Yes this for a professional gambler that has withholding in multiple states.  To track the withholdings to each state, entering data on the W-2G input form be ideal.  Problem is does not carry income to Schedule C that I can find.  Wondering if anyone knows how to do that?

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Do not enter on w2g worksheet. Just enter on line 1 part 1 Income. I would list each W2G on the supporting documentation (click on the letter icon to right of line one) I assume you are aware of the ins and outs of a professionally gambler, but here is a good article from Journal of accountancy.

https://www.journalofaccountancy.com/issues/2016/oct/taxes-for-gamblers.html

0 Cheers
chaddorn
Level 2

Thank you for the help.  I was looking at entering that way.