Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Layoffs in the News

dascpa
Level 11

"Tax preparation and financial software company Intuit announced an AI-focused reorganization plan Wednesday that includes laying off about 10% of its workforce.

The company behind QuickBooks and TurboTax said it was laying off 1,800 employees, but that it expects to hire at least that many in fiscal 2025 as it accelerates its focus on incorporating artificial intelligence into its products and services."

... Intuit shares fell 3.6% in morning trading to $626.29 per share.

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think a lot of folks that have called support would say that support has been staffed with artificial instead of real intelligence for years.  As a side note, Jim is not having a good morning.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I thought that when a company announces layoffs that the stock price usually increases because of anticipated increased net profits. But this went the other way. Hmm.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@dascpa wrote:

as it accelerates its focus on incorporating artificial intelligence into its products and services."

I wonder how much Intuit is going to raise their prices for that.

Rather than being on "hold" for an hour to contact Customer Support, we'll have the privilege of talking to a computer instead.  After arguing with the computer for an hour, it may finally realize it can't help us so it will say "please hold for a customer representative ...".

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

intuit always has bounced back

PATAX
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio But what if there is a pinhole in that basketball? A pinhole caused by new IRS direct file?

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Up 2.25% today so far as of time of writing this.. on the way to $ 700 a share!